“worst place ever” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Castle
Hollywood Motel
Save Saved
You added Hollywood Motel to your Saves list
145 S Dupont Hwy, New Castle, DE 19720   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in New Castle
Elizabeth, West Virginia
“worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Price was suppose to be 39.00 per night when we got there they would not honor that. First room we were given had a water leak from the radiator, carpet was soaked. They did give us another room Tv wouldn't work air vent in bathroom was duck taped, curtain cut with scissors to accommodate the window air conditioner. Both rooms stunk of smoke.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Don't you ever sleep in that infested hell hole. We checked in very late and went directly to bed because we were totally exhausted after a long trip. In the morning, when we woke up, there were blood stains all over the bed. What does that mean? BED BUGS!!!! All over the place. Absolutely disgusting. Three days after checking out, the stings appeared. Me and my partner have our body full of them. Arms, legs, back, and the worst part, we are afraid we might have brought those awful bugs to our own home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I came to know that this motel is newly renovated so I wanted to check it out. The rate was very reasonable. I found that the room was clean and comfortable (I stayed for 7 nights) and the room included a microwave and fridge. They had smoking and non smoking rooms which I was pleased with since other motels near by did not have non smoking rooms. The staff was very helpful and the clientele was decent and friendly. I got daily room service with no problem, I'd definitely come back! I recommend this newly renovated motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This property is probably the nicest "no-frills" motel in New Castle,DE. Its newly renovated and clean. The rates are very reasonable. Good choice of TV channels with Direct TV. FREE WIRELESS INTERNET was a huge plus for me. In-Room Fridges. Non-smoking and Smoking room choice. Free parking and close by nice restaurants and shopping area. I was here for a few weeks and the customer service was genuine and caring. Got room service everyday and trash got taken out. Thank you very much. See you next time!

Room Tip: I like interior rooms and it give little more privacy and less road noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Room was very comfortable. Very Reasonable price and great value compared to other motels in area. Updated and recently renovated rooms. Clean and everything works. Would stay again. Good choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Castle, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

NEVER STAY@THIS HOTEL! The worst thing was that as soon as my husband asked to see the room the lady ran our credit card before we got to see it! The place was ROACH INFESTED, DIRTY, and NO curtains in the bathroom or their kitchen area. When we told her we didnt want to stay there she told us it was TOO LATE she had ran the card and could not reverse it, which we know can be done.
STAY AWAY !!! from this place.

Room Tip: Never give them your info before checking out the room first!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

I advise anyone, DO NOT STAY AT OR BETTER YET GO TO THE HOLLYWOOD MOTEL! That place should seriously be shut down!!! It's roach infested, stinking, and nasty!!! I checked out right after I checked in! The place is unreal! There were bugs flying around the lights, crawling on the walls, and on the bed! To top it all off there was a crack pipe over the bathroom door! I'D ADVIS ANYONE OUT THERE NEVER STAY THERE NOR GO THERE! KEEP ON DRIVING!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hollywood Motel? Share your experiences!