“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in New Castle
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We liked the staff here as they were helpful and friendly. The single king room we had was clean and comfortable. The bath was large and clean with plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable. TV worked OK and had a reasonable number of channels. We found the unit to be relatively quiet. There was a wedding reception happening the weekend we stayed but we never heard much WI-Fi worked very well for us during our entire three day stay. The breakfast area is very nice with a nice variety of food. Although the hotel was full here was still enough room in the breakfast seating area. We'd stay here again.

TIP: Both our rental car GPS and Google Maps had a hard time finding this hotel. The rental GPS never did find it and Google Maps did finally get us there but we had to go a long way out of the way to do it. So when you see the Route 13 North exit, take it and you'll be at the hotel. If you don't you'll see the hotel as you drive by on the Interstate and wonder, "isn't that the hotel?" Signs are clearly visible off of Route 13 North.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about our property and I am glad that you had a nice stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlantic City, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed Nov. 8-10th for a foundation event nearby. We got a great price by signing up for the hotel chains membership club. Check-in was simple, even an hour early! Room was clean and comfortable. Ate in the restaurant Augusta Grille one night and got room service once. Food was great. Service not so much. Read my review about it. Overall great stay. I would definitely recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will be sharing your comments to all departments so that the positive comments are enjoyed and the not so much is used for education. We hope to see you again soon!
EastCoastUSA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was expecting much more from this pet-friendly hotel, especially for the price.

The room seemed fine, the bath was acceptable.
The problem came when I needed to retrieve a dropped article from under a small wooden table in the room. The legs of the table were covered with blue fuzzy mold. And I mean really really covered.
If we had been staying more than one night I would have reported the mold that evening.

Upon check-out early the next morning the desk person could not have cared less about the mold.
In fact, she made no comment at all when we brought it to her attention. I wrote a letter to the hotel chain and received a form-letter reply stating "they hoped my second stay would be better". There will be no second stay.

Except for the mold the hotel was perfectly adequate for a layover from MA to NC. However, the mold and employee indifference will keep me from returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. Certainly, our housekeeping staff should have been on top of the cleanliness of the table legs, but even more disconcerting to me, is the treatment you received at checkout. All comments we receive, good or not, are shared with our entire staff, in order to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to offer you a great stay.
Clinton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had an early flight to Chicago and I was looking for a good, clean hotel near the New Castle Airport the night before. When we arrived the toilet was not flushing, so we were immediately transferred to a larger room. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The nice surprises were the bed and pillows were great and they offered courtesy parking with a shuttle van to and from the airport. The driver was on time to the airport, but unfortunately he left us waiting 25 minutes on the return pick up. Other than the driver taking his time to pick us up, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for airport trips since it is only 4 minutes away.

Room Tip: Very long hallways, make sure you are near the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We thank you for sharing your experience and hope that we will see you again soon.
Medway, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night. When we first walked in the chemical smell was overbearing. The room did appear to be clean, however I did find a black smudge on one of the pillowcases and a hair in the towels. But here is the kicker, my husband and I were exhausted as we began our day at 4 AM and helped our son move into an apartment at UD, so we slept separately in each double bed. In the morning after breakfast we decided to use our rooms bathroom. We had not checked out and it was not past the checkout time. When we arrived in the room, they had stripped only one bed and removed only the pillowcase from the pillow I used. They left the sheets on the bed I slept in. Thankfully I took a shower right before bed but frankly I find this quite disturbing! Not sure if I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Please accept my apologies for our housekeeping staff not understanding that you had not left the property. I will work with our staff to make sure that they verify the staus of our guests in a better fashion. I hope that you will offer us another chance to show you that your comments help us to improve our service and accommodations.
Oakton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice quite hotel. Selected for its pet friendly status though I didn't need to use it but nice to know it was available. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Bed/pillows were great. Better than usual hotel breakfast. Will use again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your praise as well as your suggestion. We are currently reviewing how we may make some changes to the breakfast area to improve the flow. I hope that the next time you stay, those changes will be ready and that you approve. Look forward to your next visit!
Mashpee, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed there overnight on a recent trip down rt95. I was using Choice Hotel points so I can't comment on price/value.

The lobby and front desk staff were very nice upon check-in.

The room was clean and a decent size. Linens were crisp, clean and not worn down. The beds were comfortable.

The breakfast are is too small for the numbers of people trying to use it. The staff did keep it stocked and cleaned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate your comments and will see what we can do to spread out the breakfast area a bit. Hope to see you soon!

Been to Clarion Hotel - The Belle? Share your experiences!