“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in New Castle
Valley Stream, New York
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have stayed in Clarion's before and was satisfied. The Belle was high up on the satisfaction ladder. The room appears to be newly renovated and was very pleasant.
The TV is not HD but had plenty to watch. Breakfast was included and was fine. The staff are very competent and aim to please. Right off 95, so it is very convenient to many roads.
I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments! We always enjoy hearing when we've pleased our guests. We also pay attention when we've not met expectations, but we're so glad you were happy and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Killingworth, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This happens often at otherwise good properties, but I'm so steaming mad right now, the Clarion is going to catch the heat. This hotel is nice--friendly staff, adequate rooms and bedding. My husband and I travel constantly; I work from my computer while he goes to meetings. Sometimes we get into a hotel late and just want to sleep. As far as I know, when you pay for a room and check out is at noon, and you have the presence of mind to put the DND sign on the door, you have the right to expect at least the attempt at peace and quiet. If you stay here ever (you might need, like we did, a midpoint between dc and ny), do not stay in room 263. Right next to the housekeeping closet. Where the staff, starting at 7:30, are slamming doors and chatting away at the top of their lungs. When did that start being okay? And WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE STAFF GIVE US A ROOM, WHEN THE HOTEL IS EMPTY, RIGHT NEXT TO HOUSEKEEPING?????

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the housekeeping closet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my apologies. While some rooms are nearer to unavoidable noise, such as elevators or ice machines, in no way should our staff be included in this category. I have met with our entire staff to reiterate the need to be mindful of all our guests needs, including the level of noise in the hallways.
I hope that you will offer us another opportunity to show that your comments were a lesson for us to improve. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night as a stopover while traveling south. It is right off of Rt 95 and can be seen from the highway. It is near a cemetery and there is nothing else near it, but that did not matter to us. The room was large and comfortable. It faced the highway, but there was no problem with noise from it. Breakfast was served in an attached restaurant and has plenty of options. There were at least two large groups staying there for the weekend, but besides some late night conversations outside our room, it was not an issue. I booked this hotel ahead of time because of the convenient location and the cost. It is just south of the Delaware Bridge, and the cost was SO much less than anything comparable that I could find in NJ. I would have preferred
a room with two queens rather than two double beds, but I weighed my options and choose it anyways. I was glad that I did, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are so very glad that you chose to stay with us and happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again.
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Two complaints. Two of our pillows were covered in hair, called the front desk and they came and gave us two new cases. The tub drained slowly.

The front of the hotel faces the interstate, so if you are a light sleeper request a room on the other side, it backs onto a cemetary so it's quiet :-)

Our room was fine and not dated, large flat screen tv, had no troubles with the internet. We had an adjoining room (which I didn't want but it's all they had) and never heard the people beside us, however, we kept the fan on to block out the noises.

The breakfast was complimentary and fantastic. They had bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, french toast, bagels, etc. It was one of the best continental breakfasts we have ever had and we've had a lot.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments and rest assured that our laundry staff will be getting a copy, as all staff do, of this critique. This is one way, of many, to improve how we operate. I am so glad that you liked our breakfast and chef wore a big smile when I read your comments at our last staff meeting. We look forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

i have stayed at this particular hotel a couple of times over the years... The service that is the most consistant is the professionalism of Wendy the front desk manager (if she's not the manager, she should be). Wendy is an example of what great customer service can be.

It's a shame that the rest of the hotel staff doesn't share the same commitment to customer service, The restaurant food is hit or miss.. The same dish comes out different each time ranging from great to not so...

The event manager is flaky at best, not recalling conversations and not returning emails and phone calls. The event staff has changed so often that it isn't uncommon to have to re-state your total event to a new person half way though the planning process. The thing they are most dilligent about is getting their payment... no matter if the food you get isn't what you ordered.

The restaurant and rooms look a little worn for wear but,i have slept well every time i stay here. I haven't had any issues with any bugs, just the occasional housekeeping slip or so. I won't stay here again because another hotel opened about 7 min down 95 and they have better customer service and newer and better rooms for around the same rate.

Room Tip: def request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
While it is a comfort to know that Wendy had such a positive impact, I am sorry that your impression of some other areas in the hotel were not quite as favorable. Regarding the restaurant, we are in process of rolling out a new menu, which we feel is not only offering some more appealing choices, but also will allow for improved consistency.

We have restructured our event staff recently and are confident that what difficulties you experienced, we have overcome. Should you consider giving us another chance I would be quite happy to personally assist with your arrangements.

Lastly, I feel somewhat compelled to address the "other property" issue. Certainly, any business has competition and we are very aware of those in our market. I am confident that our offering in both rooms and events, are one of the best values in the area. From both a pricing and quality perspective, I know our guests appreciate our efforts. I do hope that you'll try us again.
Millsboro, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

First I would like to say, the front desk was great, very friendly. The room was nice but there was someones hair left on two of the pillows. I did call the front desk and they came right away and gave me all new pillows the housekeeping staff was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am most glad that our staff made a positive impression. It is the core of our business and the essence of hospitality. I do apologize that we missed hair on the pillows and will work with our staff to improve. I look forward to seeing your return to our area.
Ludlow, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stopped here after a long day on the road and it was a lovely hotel. Rooms were large, well equipped and very clean. The room rate comes w/ a lovely breakfast. A nice place to stop while traveling. The only problem was that this hotel wasn't well advertised. If it hadn't been for a person overhearing my asking for accommodations of our waitress and telling us about this hotel, we would have never found it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our property. We are working on increasing the amount of advertising so more people can enjoy staying with us. Comments such as yours help in that regard and we certainly appreciate the help. Hope to see you again.

Been to Clarion Hotel - The Belle? Share your experiences!