“Cool place!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Montchanin
Cross street: Rockland Road
Claymont, Delaware
“Cool place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I passed this place while driving and decided we would try it sometime. We looked it up online and it was a little pricey, so we decided to wait for a special occasion. We made reservations for our anniversary. They have an extensive wine list, and the wine we chose was excellent. Their menu is quite small, but all of the selections looked wonderful, and there were some "different" choices (such as antelope). They had small plates as well as regular dinner plates which makes it easy to order and try several different items. I had an onion & mushroom soup and my husband had the crab bisque. We each ate half and switched. Both were amazing. We shared a salad and three small entree choices. I even tried the antelope (tasted like steak!). Dessert was heavenly. The service was wonderful, and the manager took time to visit our table to make sure everything was perfect....and it was.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hometown
“Worst Service Ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Reservation for 9, asked by restaurant to change time, no problem. Went for brunch. Service was beyond bad. Drinks came and we were never asked if we wanted another, had to repeatedly ask passing waitstaff for water refills. Brunch entrees took 45 minutes to arrive. Restaurant wasn't busy. Waitress disappeared. Had to go ask her to offer dessert menus. Asked a passing server for coffee, he brought it but not the cream???? Who works like this??? These 9 ladies won't recommend Krazy Kats to anyone!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocean City
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Service and food was outstanding! We had the Hudson Valley Foie Gras for an appetizer and for our main course my husband had the duck and I had the crab cakes. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly. Michael, the General Manager, was very professional and courteous and took extra time to make sure we were enjoying our meal. The rest of the staff was very pleasant from the hostess who sat us to our server who anticipated our every need! Krazy Kats provides a very romantic atmosphere and I can't wait to go back on our next date night.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Great locals' place but good for tourists, too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food is lovely, service, lovely, have gone for lunch when not a guest of the Inn at Montchanin, but mostly for dinner while an inn guest. The winter menu, last visit (last weekend), was antelope and crabcakes, duck and foie gras. Only suggestion? As an inn guest, a few more casual suggestions -- a really great burger, for instance -- would make it a must-do every night.

Visited January 2013
Wilmington, DE
“New Years Eve...a bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Spent a lovely evening at Krazy Kats last night with my husband. We made last minute reservations and luckily they were able to accommodate us. They offered a prix fixe menu which we were made aware of before we arrived.

I was quite disappointed with the service. It was less than warm, a little off and uninformative. I understand that it was NYE but for the price tag, I should not have had to ask for the wine served with each course, not should I have had to ask for a description of the items being served to me.

The food was delicious for the most part, except for the piece of Prime Rib that was undercooked and accompanied by a 2oz piece of fat topped with some veggies. The 1st and 2nd courses were very good, as was the wine and yummy desserts.

Krazy Kats has a very good reputation, but when charging that much, everything really needs to be absolutely perfect.

• Visited December 2012