“Good Service, Average Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Maryland
“Good Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I have been to Irish Eyes in Milton before, but were disappointed on this recent visit . We stopped by for lunch on our way to the beach. It was a nice day, and we sat outside on the patio with our dogs. The service was good, but the food was just okay. I had the fish tacos. They had "Asian slaw" that you would expect to be fresh, but it looked like it had been cooked. I had ordered this item before, and it was previously good. My husband's sandwich was just okay. We each had a beer, and were really surprised at the cost of our lunch when we got the bill. We did decide to go back for burger night, hit happy hour, and burgers were good. The service was also good, and the waitress was friendly.

We will probably stop by again when we are at the beach because it is close to where we stay, but we will be careful which beers we order, and will keep our expectations in check.

Visited September 2013

NY
“Away From Crowded Beach Towns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Located in a small town near antique shops and a pretty park on a river. Casual place with a sports vibe with TV tuned in to the action. Menu offers variety with good-sized portions. I like their shepherd's pie as well as sandwiches. Outdoor dining if desired. Inside has large bar and good beers on tap. Everything in one large, rustic room. Family atmosphere in dining area during the day.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Plata, Maryland
“Excellent food but a bit pricey...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stopped in this past week for lunch. Nice menu selection for lunch. I had the lobster roll with potato salad. Very tasty. Better than most lobster rolls that I've had along the east coast. My son had the seared tuna Caesar salad which he really enjoyed. Good quality fresh tuna fixed just perfect. The only drawback was that I thought it was a little overpriced for a small town location. It could account for a nearly empty restaurant during normal lunch hours. Only another table with 2 people and 1 guy at the bar. Although our server was friendly, she was a bit more interested in chatting with the bar tender and the bar customer than making sure we were satisfied. It was hard getting her attention except for a few trips by our table. With that said, the food was very good and I would most likely stop in again if I pass through Milton.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Millsboro, Delaware
“Unbelievable Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I ordered one of their hamburgers and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was since I ate at the other Irish Eyes in Lewes and it was one of the most horrible burgers I ever had. Our waitress in Milton greeted us at the door and promptly sat me at a table and immediately asked me what I would like to drink. I ordered an O'Malley Burger that had a Jameson Whiskey BBQ sauce on it and fried onions. The meat was perfect with no grizzle. I cannot possibly say how much I love this place for its food. This place does no disappoint!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
philadelphia, pa
“Service needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have visited Irish Eyes many times but this past Saturday night was the worst. The music was way too loud for dinner enjoyment when you have to yell at your dinner partner, and we were next to the dooor way away from the music performers. The waitress never showed up and the hostess asked if we would like a drink it took that long. People at the next table were served while our waitress seemed to be enjoying the company at the bar more than wanting a good tip! She took our order and we waited for our app a long time even though it was a special of the night. Never asked if everything was ok. The food runner is the same person all the time and she is quick to bring out the food and ask if we need anything else but not our waitress. Food is ok and not really why we come, just know it is going to be reliable. Really hope this was just a one off as I would hate to strike off Irish Eyes as one of our regular places to eat.

• Visited May 2013