“GOOD food, Decent prices & portion sizes, OK service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Millsboro
Cuisines: Pizza
Delaware
1,253 helpful votes 1,253 helpful votes
“GOOD food, Decent prices & portion sizes, OK service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

My mom & I visited this Pizza Palace last year while we were in Millsboro shopping. We enjoyed our pizza (chicken parmigiana pizza) last time we were there, so we decided to stop there again the other day ( 10-25-09) for lunch. It is located on Route 113 in the Millsboro Town Square.

Once inside, we were greeted & told to take a seat anywhere we liked in the restaurant. We chose a booth in the dining room near the window. Within minutes our waitress was around to take our order. We both ordered sodas, but needed a moment longer to look over the LARGE menu. They also offered lunch and dinner specials in addition to the regular menu items. I decided to order the Chicken Parmigiana Sub & my Mom decided to order the Reuben lunch special. Mine came with a side of chips and her Reuben special came with a side order of french fries. Meanwhile, we sat back and relaxed. I did notice they had a TV mounted in the back of the restaurant & it had the NEWS on. Within about 15 minutes our lunches were out to us. Both of our meals seemed liked they were generous portion sizes and were presented well on the plates. My Mom said her Reuben was good & I really enjoyed my chicken parm sub. The sauce was pretty sweet and the breaded chicken cutlets seemed home-made. At least they did not appear to be frozen chicken fingers. My chips were crispy and tast. My Mom offered to share her fries with me, but--I did not care for them. They were probably frozen fries, but I just did NOT enjoy them.

Once we were done eating, the waitress did bring around our lunch check. She laid it down on the table when she brought us some to-go containers. Then she disappeared. We did not know whether to pay her OR walk to the front (take-out)ordering counter to pay. So, after about 5-10 minutes, I went to the front register to pay. The girl there just took my lunch check and charged me for the meals. She did NOT ask how our food was OR thank us for dining there. I then met back up with my Mom at the table to get our take-out containers & leave. As we were leaving the restaurant--no one even acknowledged us...no thank you OR have a nice day!!

Pizza Palace does have GOOD food at GOOD prices. Our total for both of our lunches and sodas was under $16 (2009). The lunch specials seemed like GREAT deals!! In addition to a large variety of Pizza & signature pizzas they also serve wings, chicken, soup & chili, several salads, calzones, strombolis, gyros, burgers, crab cakes, shrimp, fried flounder, MANY pastas, Eggplant parmigiana, Veal parmigiana, lasagna, sandwiches (turkey, ham & cheese, grilled cheese, BLT, fish, roast beef), Cold & Hot Subs, Club sandwiches, Wraps, cheesesteaks, chicken cheesesteaks and MORE!! Many of the lunch specials sounded great too--like the stuffed peppers, stuffed flounder and the broiled sea bass. In addition to the entrees they have a nice selections of appetizers, side orders & desserts. The menu was so large it was hard to choose. That is one BONUS to this restaurant. There has to be something for just about everyone's taste on this menu--whether it be a simple BLT or grilled cheese OR a little more complicated flavors like seafood supreme (shrimps, scallops & crabmeat in a light cream sauce--pasta dish).

Overall, we had a GOOD meal at Pizza Palace. The food is good, the prices are decent, the menu selection is great, the atmosphere is casual & relaxed---but the service lacks. We have enjoyed our meals both times we have been & we would probably go to the Pizza Palace again.

Note: This restaurant does serve beer & wine in addition to coffee, tea, milk and sodas. AND they do offer a children's menu (chicken nuggets/fingers, spaghetti, pizza, grilled cheese). Take out is available at the front counter if you do not wish to dine-in.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere