“Awaken Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Awaken Inn

Awaken Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millsboro
Awaken Inn
You added Awaken Inn to your Saves list
25001 Cannon Road, Millsboro, DE 19966   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Millsboro B&B and Inns
Front Royal, Virginia
“Awaken Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We just went to the Delaware shore area, and stayed at the Awaken Inn B & B. It was a wonderful get away. Only 15 minutes to the many beaches, and state parks, then a quiet night at the B & B. Lovely rooms, delicious breakfast, awesome saltwater pool! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have been coming to the area for years but since it was Memorial Day weekend, the family home we visit was too crowded so we other accommodations nearby. We found the Awaken Inn on-line and weren't sure what to expect. It turned out to be perfect. We were traveling with our two middle-school aged children and we all loved the place. It is very tranquil, clean and comfortable. We stayed in the "Air" room, which has an adjoining sitting room with a futon or our daughters. We shared a bath with the people in an adjoining room and had no problems with bathroom access (there are locks on either side of the bathroom door to ensure privacy). We all found the room very comfortable. We used the relaxing saltwater pool in the morning after a delicious breakfast. The Awaken Inn has nice landscaping and gardens and lots of inviting outdoor furniture to lounge around in. Unfortunately we couldn't stay too long as we were in town to visit family but we hope to return so we can hang out and relax longer. The hosts are very attentive, warm and thoughtful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My wife and I needed an escape weekend in late April to explore southern Delaware and came across Awaken Inn online. We were so fortunate to meet the owner and enjoy the wonderful hospitality found here. After long days of exploring in every direction we returned to the serenity and peacefulness of this B&B ---- courtyard, pond, toads, clear night skies :-). The owner was so hospitable and helpful. We felt very much at home and with her tips and recommendations it made exploring the area a lot of fun. We hope to return later this sumer.
Tim and Betsy, PA

Room Tip: We stayed in the Water room and had access to our own little part ofthe very large patio complete wi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I rented this room out of sheer convenience in location between the sites for our wedding ceremony/reception locations, having no prior knowledge of the bed and breakfast and never having stayed at one before. While I am a 'local', I would definitely come back here just to relax for the weekend! The room was beautiful and the owners were very gracious in opening their doors to my wedding party and allowed us all to get ready there prior to the ceremony (we got some awesome pictures!). The inn was very accomodating in what we wanted and had everything and everything available. Great place!!

Room Tip: The "water" suite downstairs is wonderful! The shower is incredible and they also have an...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

A beautiful home, turned into a beautiful B&B, in a rural setting just 15 minutes from Rehoboth Beach, Milton, Lewes or Millsboro, Delaware. Things to see, eat & do in all directions, but a quiet, beautiful retreat to return to afterwards. Totally accommodating hosts are willing to suggest places to go & things to see. Our Earth room was spacious, comfortable and spotless. Breakfasts were delicious! I really appreciated having guest refrigerator space, and early morning coffee.

The only negative I can think of is that the Earth room bathroom has the inn's tankless water heater, and the pump runs anytime hot water is turned on in the building. Not a BIG deal - in fact, my husband & I had been considering a tankless heater for our own home, so this was a good demo in noise, and hot water delivery. (I wouldn't install it in a bathroom, but at least if you sleep late, the hot water hasn't run out)!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here when we visited Rehoboth Beach for a quick weekend getaway. We were very pleased with the accomodations, the great breakfast, helpful dinner recommendations, and the clean bathroom!:) I would highly recommend this as a peaceful, relaxing retreat only a few minutes from the beach!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Awaken Inn was the best find of my entire trip to Rehoboth Beach during the busy summer season. I stayed in the Earth Room with private bath and loved every moment of it. Luxurious bedding and quiet room. Bath was spacious and the adjacent sitting room cozy. The owners were extremely personable, even when I showed up a few minutes late for my massage -- which was given right there on the property by a trained masseuse. I used the pool twice and each time, it was wonderful ! Breakfast was good during my stay and there is a small refrig and microwave for guest use in a common area. Huge flat-screen TV in a public room also. I highly recommend this B&B for quiet getaways and romantic escapes. The nearby Blue Water Grill in Millsboro is not to be missed! Sample menus are in each guest room. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Their website is helpful !
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Awaken Inn? Share your experiences!