“Wedding weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Awaken Inn

Awaken Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millsboro
Prices are for rooms, adults
Awaken Inn
Save Saved
You added Awaken Inn to your Saves list
25001 Cannon Road, Millsboro, DE 19966   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Millsboro B&B and Inns
Lewes, Delaware
“Wedding weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I rented this room out of sheer convenience in location between the sites for our wedding ceremony/reception locations, having no prior knowledge of the bed and breakfast and never having stayed at one before. While I am a 'local', I would definitely come back here just to relax for the weekend! The room was beautiful and the owners were very gracious in opening their doors to my wedding party and allowed us all to get ready there prior to the ceremony (we got some awesome pictures!). The inn was very accomodating in what we wanted and had everything and everything available. Great place!!

Room Tip: The "water" suite downstairs is wonderful! The shower is incredible and they also have an...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

A beautiful home, turned into a beautiful B&B, in a rural setting just 15 minutes from Rehoboth Beach, Milton, Lewes or Millsboro, Delaware. Things to see, eat & do in all directions, but a quiet, beautiful retreat to return to afterwards. Totally accommodating hosts are willing to suggest places to go & things to see. Our Earth room was spacious, comfortable and spotless. Breakfasts were delicious! I really appreciated having guest refrigerator space, and early morning coffee.

The only negative I can think of is that the Earth room bathroom has the inn's tankless water heater, and the pump runs anytime hot water is turned on in the building. Not a BIG deal - in fact, my husband & I had been considering a tankless heater for our own home, so this was a good demo in noise, and hot water delivery. (I wouldn't install it in a bathroom, but at least if you sleep late, the hot water hasn't run out)!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here when we visited Rehoboth Beach for a quick weekend getaway. We were very pleased with the accomodations, the great breakfast, helpful dinner recommendations, and the clean bathroom!:) I would highly recommend this as a peaceful, relaxing retreat only a few minutes from the beach!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Awaken Inn was the best find of my entire trip to Rehoboth Beach during the busy summer season. I stayed in the Earth Room with private bath and loved every moment of it. Luxurious bedding and quiet room. Bath was spacious and the adjacent sitting room cozy. The owners were extremely personable, even when I showed up a few minutes late for my massage -- which was given right there on the property by a trained masseuse. I used the pool twice and each time, it was wonderful ! Breakfast was good during my stay and there is a small refrig and microwave for guest use in a common area. Huge flat-screen TV in a public room also. I highly recommend this B&B for quiet getaways and romantic escapes. The nearby Blue Water Grill in Millsboro is not to be missed! Sample menus are in each guest room. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Their website is helpful !
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband participated in a charity bike ride from DC to Dewey Beach. We had trouble finding a place near Dewey or Rehoboth, but came across this listing on bedandbreakfast.com. What a find! It was relaxing and quiet. The house is beautiful! It was a bit of a drive back to decent restaurants, which is the only reason I rated this 4 stars instead of 5. On a bad traffic night, it could take a bit of patience to get dinner. But, the place was worth it and we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

It was high season near the Delaware beaches so finding a place at the last minute was a win to begin with...but, what a win! Located on several forested acres about 15 minutes from the restaurants and beaches at Lewes, this beautiful home is a quiet and beautiful oasis. There are a few guest rooms. Comfortable beds and bedrooms. A delicious breakfast. A splendid swimming pool and a gardened waterfall and fish pond are steps outside the backdoor. This fairly new B&B is taking off. Getting a last minute reservation next year is unlikely. This is a real find. The price can't be beat for high season. There is no TV in the rooms (yay) and no wifi (also yay). What a great couple of days. The owners were very accommodating. There is no spa but they do offer massage... and it was excellent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hazlet, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The wife and I stayed the weekend of June 25, we went down for a weekend beach party in Bethany Beach. We were running late arriving but they were very nice about it. Because I booked so close to our stay I couldn't get the same room the two nights we stayed but they made the move from one room to the other seamless for us. The house and ground are beautiful. We didn't get to take advantage of the pool because we were at the beach but we are definitely going back. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Awaken Inn? Share your experiences!