“Good food but EXPENSIVE” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Dover, Delaware
“Good food but EXPENSIVE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went there Friday for dinner and while the food was good, I thought it was incredibly EXPENSIVE. We had a cup of milk (for my son), one soda, one water, a small pizza, and a burger and fries for $31!
It's a fairly nice facility but I can get much better deals elsewhere.

Visited February 2014

Delaware, United States
“The whole menu is disappointing. =(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I feel like every time I come to Grottos it takes me forever to order. The reason for this is the menu is so boring. Everything they have is basically a copy cat off of every great mom and pop place. Only the mom and pop places do it way better. The food is bland the pizza is always dry. I ordered an italian sub last night and asked what was on it. My server said lettuce, tomato, onion, oil, and meats. I was like awesome that sounds great. The server never gave me the option to have it toasted so it came out as a cold cut which wasn't specified by the server and the menu. It also had a ton of pickles on it. YUK... It's not the fact that I don't like pickles because I do it's the fact that all the juices from the massive amounts they put on made my roll soggie and gross. So I was stuck eating a cold, soggie, bland, Italian with a ton pickles on it.

As a side note don't order the loaded fries either they use that bland nasty nacho cheese instead of cheddar cheese.

The place is super loud too the bar overpowers the whole restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Reading,PA
“Really Not As Good As They Want You To Believe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had some of Grotto Pizza during NASCAR weekend and I don't know if it was the amount of business,but there was nothing special at all about their pizza.Nothing really jumped off the crust to my taste buds.
Also had a slice of swirl pizza and it tasted like flavored cardboard.
They could not compare to 2 of the family owned pizza shops in my neighborhood.
I didn't try anything else,but the build up from the locals for Grotto's and what I actually got,were far short of my expectations.
Service was fast and friendly which I greatly appreciated.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wash DC
“Grottos Pizza Taste of the Delaware Shore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Convenient to Hampton Inn, Milford. Comfortable and friendly staff. Reasonably priced for a resort area. Traditional menu, tasty pizzas, sandwiches, fresh salads, gelato. Service was prompt and attentive. Open late.

Visited August 2013
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Heard lots about this place, but wasn't real impressed. Went to milford location and one on the boardwalk. Pizza was ok. I had a salad with chicken breast on it which was horrible. Salad with my pizza wasn't great either. So if you are just looking for sandwich and pizza maybe ok

Visited May 2013