“If the room isn't clean, send a letter to CORPORATE super 8” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Road Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Bay Road Inn to your Saves list
Bay Road Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   729 Bay Road, Rt 113 & Rt 1 Bypass, Milford, DE 19963 (Formerly Super 8 Milford)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Milford
Grand Rapids, MI
“If the room isn't clean, send a letter to CORPORATE super 8”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel in July 2009 and after reading the hotel reviews since July 2009, it would appear the hotel has not addressed it's cleanliness issues. I have emailed the corporate hotel online and forwarded a link for there review to address concerns with the specific hotel owners. I received a call back today from Super 8. A lady left me a message that stated the reviews on here are HEARSAY and they will not address anything with the hotel unless they receive individual concerns. If you stay at this hotel and it does not meet your expectations, please send in your concerns to Super 8 corporate customer care. I would think they would want to bring this hotel to a reasonable standard to protect their brandname; however, it appears it will take many more specific conerns in order for them to address the issue. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lexington NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

My husband and I stay in alot of Super 8 motels because they almost always have truck parking. Due to the fact there is a serious lack of truck stops in the state of DE we once again ended up in one.
Super 8's are usually pretty decent and reasonably priced but this one was neither. $70.00 is about $50.00 to much.
Our room was so small we had to step back to get around each other.
Everything was just nasty. There was a dirty washcloth hanging on the shower rod and the flies were out of control. I counted 9 in the bathroom alone.
I could go on but I would just be repeating the other reviews.
The breakfast area was discusting. The coffee pots were so filthy I couldn't bring myself to drink out of them.
The board of health needs to pay this place a serious visit.
Super 8 Corp should be ashamed to have their name on the sign.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

So, I can't believe I ended up at this hotel twice on two separate occasions. The first time, we booked there because of a simple mistake - we had intended to book at another Super 8 in a nearby town that we'd stayed at previously. Seriously, we should have clued in on the fact that the reviews were so bad compared to what we remembered, but sometimes people book at the Super 8 expecting The Four Seasons... Anyway, the first time: our room (I believe it was 115) was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but it was not (an ash tray was on the table, and of course, it smelled). No big deal...we can handle that as long as the room is clean. But the only thing clean in that room was the sheets - thank goodness! The bathroom was disgusting. I don't think the shower floor has been scrubbed in years, the baseboard was peeling off the wall, the shower rod was coming out of the wall, and the walls were grody - someone did us the kindness of killing a mosquito and leaving its bloody carcass on the wall above the shower. I think the custodians leave the doors open to clean the rooms, because there were quite a few flies in the room. The room was so bad, it was comical...even sitcom-like. But then we found ourselves back there again this weekend! I had a wisdom tooth pulled on Friday and while we wanted to spend the entire weekend at the beach, I was afraid I wouldn't feel up to it, so opted to not book a hotel room in advance, which was a amateurish mistake in high season. We live three hours away in good traffic, so driving back and forth wasn't really an option. It's a good thing that my husband and I have excellent senses of humor, because after calling about every hotel within a 30 mile radius of Rehoboth Beach, we found the only one with an available room on such late notice was our fave Super 8. We arrived about 11pm that night - the manager had gone home, and it took my husband some effort to convince the security guard that we indeed had a confirmed reservation in spite of the fact that the hotel was "sold out." I will admit that this room (204) was better than the last...but still pretty unacceptable. Sheets appeared clean again and fixtures were firmly attached to their surfaces, but same dirty walls, same grody bathtub (sans bloody, dead mosquito), and a toilet bowl that surely hadn't seen cleanser in three years. The pubic hair was a nice touch. On a positive note, I can say that we never really heard our neighbors on either side of us and it is a pretty easy 30 min drive back down to the beaches. But that's about all I can kindly say and don't believe I will be patronizing this hotel again, even if it is only $$95.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
jaydayallday
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

THe place ws chosen due to hotles in area being full. Took a chance that turned into a regret. The room made you feel like you should keep your shoes on and not get in the bed. The bathroom had mildew, rust, grime and scum in the sinks and the shower. The shower curtain had all kinds of filth on it. We got in around midnight and left there by 5:00 am because we could not sleep. I was in the Army for 10 years and tried to convince myself that it was ok to shower and stay here, but no matter where I have been this just turned my stomache and we had to leave.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Although the breakfast was generally packaged food, the service, location, and price made up for it. It was the least expensive hotel for going to the beach in July while booking at the last minute.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We reserved this motel since it was inexpensive and close to the beaches. However, this is what we found:
1. Cigarette ashes in the bathroom sink
1. Dirty bathtub, and no mat in the tub, which made the tub too slippery to shower properly and safely
3. No ice bucket in the room; we had to go to the desk for one
4. Bathroom door would not shut due to a high door threshold
5. Towels were very thin
6. TV remote control was secured down so that we could not move it to another area of the room to watch tv; only could be used from one bed side
7. Dim light bulbs in the bedroom area
8. Lampshade was not secured; when we were swatting flies, one lampshade came off
9. Only had 2 very flimsy pillows
10. 1/2 roll of toilet paper in bathroom
11. The outside of the office was filthy, with cigarette butts and paper everywhere - very nasty looking
12. AGAIN, flies were everywhere!!!!! We could not sleep, because flies were swarming around our heads
13. Given 1 motel key for the door
14. Formica was missing around the edges of the round table in the bedroom
15. Bedbugs - my neck was swollen from the bites

We were EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with our stay in that motel.

DO NOT STAY HERE - PERIOD!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the hotel recently, Queen bed. There was a lot of hair on the sheets and pubic hair all over in the bathroom floor. I personally removed the bedding and asked for it to be changed. The bathroom floor has not been swept or mopped for sometime. I cleaned the floor myself with a towel on my hands and knees. Wow, you could tell the difference. There is a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot with coffee in the room. If you have CLEANLINESS expectations, you will not want to stay here unless they get the cleaning situation under control. The towels did not have a great scent to them, mildew smell. The continental breakfast would be a D rating. I would consider staying here again for the price, but, it will need to be CONSIDERABLE savings from other hotels. The wireless connection was in and out for a few days, however, worked great on my last day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay Road Inn? Share your experiences!