“Worth a try” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 76 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Chinese
“Worth a try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I eat lunch there today, and overall the experience was fine. The decor and service were nice. The price for lunch was good - $7. The portions were good, but the food was only average. I did not care for the hot and sour soup... Had a gamie taste to it. Spring roll, wasn't great either, tasted like the oil was old. However, the Gen Tso's Chicken was pretty good.

I'll go back again at some point and try a different soup.

Visited April 2013

middletown, de
“Feels like a home cooked meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I really like the Golden Rooster. It feels like a home cooked meal. They make your dish to order. The food is fresh and very tasty. It is a family owned business. The atmosphere might be basic, but that is ok. The prices are average. Try it you will like it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
“Don't go there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

It was a friday night and I was in a hurry. Applebees and a local italian place had a wait and I didn't have time to wait so we moved over to the golden rooster. It was almost empty and that should have been my my clue. The service was nice and well intentioned but poor. One server for the whole place. The food was mediocre at best and I thought the price was too high. Portions were generous though. In my opinion the rooster didn't have much to crow about. They need to fix a few things before I would want to visit again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere