“Last minute getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Water House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewes
The Blue Water House
You added The Blue Water House to your Saves list
407 East Market Street, Lewes, DE 19958   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Lewes B&B and Inns
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
“Last minute getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I decided at the last minute to get away for the weekend and we came upon an open room at the Blue Water House in Lewes, DE. We had a wonderful weekend, despite the rain. The inn keeper, Rick, made our stay enjoyable and relaxing. His laid back way of running things make you feel at home and welcome. The art, décor and colorful atmosphere made our stay that much more fun! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I recently stayed at The Blue Water House in Lewes, Delaware, for a long weekend. Based upon recommendations and what I read on TripAdvisor, I knew that I'd like it. What I didn't count on was just how much I would LOVE it. As other reviewers have stated, The Blue Water House is colorful, kitschy and very inviting. If I tried decorating as Rick has done, it wouldn't work. But somehow, at The Blue Water House, it does work and it works well. Rick is a tremendous host and his little lady, Lola, was also there to welcome me. Rick made me aware of the House's amenities and offered his assistance if I needed anything. He was gregarious and funny and I enjoyed our conversations.

I stayed in the Key Largo room. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept well. Being on the upper floor, the corner room had a balcony with a swing and table and chairs. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. The entire B&B was spotless.

I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but on my first morning there, Rick gave me pancakes and sausage and I enjoyed every bite of them. The breakfast room was equally as colorful as the rest of the B&B. It was a fun room - I think that's the best description of it.

I did have the opportunity to peek into a couple of the other guest rooms after they'd been vacated. They were equally as nice as the Key Largo room and I think that in future visits, I might stay in other rooms just to see which one I like the best. Although I have to admit that if the other rooms are as comfortable as the Key Largo room, I'm going to be hard-pressed to find a favorite.

It's easy to find hotels and motels to stay in while you're in the Lewes/Rehoboth Beach area. But you won't find any which have the character of The Blue Water House. And you certainly won't find a host as welcoming as Rick. Throw away any concepts you might have of a B&B and stay at The Blue Water House. You'll be glad that you did.

Room Tip: I think that any room will be comfortable, but I liked the idea of having a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

What a find! I love my B and B's and also love when a place really shines. Blue Water is a very nice place - comfy bed, great decor <kitchy/ quirky but FUN>, LOLA and Rick, free waters, beer and wine...there are many great things here.

Our stay over a winter weekend meant it was not busy. We really felt as if we were at home. Little touches mean a lot and after exploring a bit it was nice to come back to a warm and friendly location. Rick is a great host!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed nice!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Delmar, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I never take time to write a review but our experience at the Blue Water House was worth memorializing. Rick was enormously accommodating, the door was open whenever we arrived. The color and the collections of the common space and the rooms were definitely different but even for someone like myself with conservative tastes, I was blown away by the art. There was even an artist decorating one of the rooms while we were there. Breakfast was good, the conversation even better. I will never come back to Lewes without staying at the Blue Water House. Bill and Kay

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very inviting B&B - brightly decorated; stocked with wine and beer; excellent host; Breakfast was delicious!
Only a short walk to the beach.
Downtown Lewes nice to walk around, but smaller than other beach towns.
If looking for B&B in Lewes, would recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Rick did a great job making last minute reservations for us even though it was just for a night. We loved the bikes and went for a nice ride through Cape Henlopen State Park which is beautiful. The location is great and the rooms are wonderful and comfortable. Loved the eclectic mix of artwork and the breakfast and snacks were wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our second stay at this eclectic home away from home. The place is loaded with colorful artwork, tasty snacks, drinks, lounging areas and a sweet fluffy dog named "Lola". Rick and Lola do a wonderful job of making you feel right at home. After a wonderful homemade breakfast, you can take one of BWH's bikes to town or head for the beach. When you return, stop by the kitchen and grab a glass of wine or bottle of beer and relax in a chair on your balcony. A great place to unwind and enjoy Lewes. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Blue Water House? Share your experiences!