“Excellent seafood in a fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Excellent seafood in a fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed in Lewes this past week for vacation with family. We ate at Striper Bites twice and each time the food was great. The seafood is fresh and prepared wonderfully. I asked if I could substitute a salad for the fries with one of my meals and there wasn't an upcharge like at some restaurants. Everyone at our table enjoyed their food. I even snagged the last chicken finger that my grandson didn't want; it was tasty as well!

It's located conveniently near the bridge and shops in town. I would definitely recommend it and wouldn't hesitate to dine there again on future visits to Lewes.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great seafood source in Lewes, De”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Striper Bites is small, but worth a visit. The restaurant is located at the foot of the downtown bridge over the canal. I tried the fried haddock, and found it to be great. The texture of the deep fried serving is very similar to Grouper finger dishes found in south Florida. ( when available)

The restaurant has some outside tables available in addition to inside seating with views of the hectic activity in Lewes during the summer peak season.

Washington, DC
“Skip the fish tacos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great service. Love the decor. Bacon wrapped scallops done right. Just the right amount of crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Caesar salad was good with special requests honored. But the fish tacos...I so wanted to like this but it left me disappointed. I liked the lightly grilled soft taco but that was the highlight. Fish batter was crispy but insides were mush. The cabbage slaw had no personality or flavor, the "fixins' were tired...plain old sour cream, limp lettuce, bagged shredded cheese and a salsa straight from the jar. For a resort place, it was great. For a dining experience, I'll keep looking.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Great food This was a neat quaint little bar type restaurant that we wondered into after getting off the Cape-May Lewes Ferry. We had the kids with us so needed a place that had variety. It definitely did for us. Great food with a pretty good selection and variety of foods. Friendly staff good service and very clean. Chicken Caesar salad and Fish tacos were great and the seared tuna was delicious as well. I highly Recommend and will return he next time we are in Lewes Delaware. Family orientated and has a lot of TV with currents sporting events. Also you can sit inside or outside depending on your mood and the weather.

Garner, North Carolina
“Great crab cakes and scallops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Food that we had was excellent! One of us had the crab cakes, scallops, and shrimp and I had the house salad with grilled scallops - both were outstanding.