“There's nowhere better than the Buttery” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Maryland
“There's nowhere better than the Buttery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

The Buttery is the perfect place for an incredible meal. We visited Lewes over the summer and were pleasantly suprised when we found it. I wouldn't recommend bringing children who are under 13 due to the meal prices but there is no question that the price is worth it. We had the lamb chops while we were there and the meal was phenomenal. The wine and service easily complemented the food. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who really enjoys quality food. Skip the chain restaurant and go the Buttery!

Lewes, Delaware
“Blah.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

No childrens menu so be prepared to shell 15 bucks for a crab cake accompanied by cold mashed potatoes and 7 green beans.Note to lewes restataunteers: give me something to make my kid happy and I swear to spend the difference in price on wine or food. I know I'm not at Applebees!!

I had the prix fixe for 29 bucks, totaly boring tempura flounder, so so house salad (looks like a chain concoction) and desert.

The creme brulee was awesome. Enough to share. No seasonal berries. A shame.

Although we sat around the lovely wrap around porch and were seated promptly, dressed apres beach with no reservations on a summer weekend....I was disappointed. The best part of my sons meal was the bread and butter and I couldnt get a second glass of wine to umph up my bad choice of entree.

Unfortunately it was SUNDAY, the awesome Striper Bites bistro just cross the road was closed. Rats!

Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
“Saved our weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

A few weeks ago, we spent a very rainy weekend at the beach. We'd not been to Lewes before and decided to take a little drive there since the weather was too bad to spend time at the beach. We drove by the Buttery and thought it looked so inviting, we stopped for brunch. I had a wonderful version of Eggs Florentine with fresh spinach and lump crab meat. My husband had an omelet which he thoroughly enjoyed.

This past weekend, we went straight to Lewes. While the weather was fine, our hotel was not. The highlight (again) of our weekend was a trip to the Buttery, this time for dinner. We ate from their fixed price menu, available from 5:00 to 6:30, I believe. For $25 per person, you may have soup or salad, a choice between two entrees (ours were pistachio crusted mahi-mahi and grilled chicken breast with blackberry coulis), and a choice of two desserts (bread pudding or a flan). The service was wonderful. The food was delightful. We ate at a table on the back porch and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

I can't speak highly enough of the Buttery.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2004

We had a dinner reservation at the Buttery in route to a long weekend trip to Ocean City, we arrived a little early for our reservation, but got seated promptly. From beginning to end, the food, service, atmosphere were top notch. Highly recommend for a special event evening with your spouse or friends!