Our 3rd floor Tower Suite afforded a great view and its patio was perfect for reading from morning to mid-day. Hotel Blue's rooftop pool - 3 1/2 ft. deep - was just right for cooling off on the day we arrived. We enjoyed short walks for excellent evening meals at The Buttery, Kindle, and Beseme. Seafood Joe's gave such a terrific breakfast that we returned another day! The town of Lewes had many interesting shops and museums to explore and a short walk to the bay gave us a quiet way to relax.
However, the following prevent us from giving HOTEL BLUE a 5 star rating:
1. The bathroom tiles seemed "sticky" & our rubber-soled shoes left tell-tale "dirty" outlines.
2. The outside base of the toilet was soiled when we arrived and was not cleaned.
3. The signature "Blue" night light from the wash basins remained unplugged until we discovered the hidden outlet on our 3rd afternoon.
4. By the 2nd day of our 3-night stay, bananas in the lobby's 24 hour fresh fruit bowl began to soften and were not replaced.
5. On the last morning, the coffee machine in the lobby needed servicing @ 7:30 a.m; otherwise, It produced great coffee!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a private and luxurious atmosphere in the historic first town of Lewes, Delaware. Enjoy a relaxed stay in this modern hotel that is less than a half mile walk from the beach. Escape the heavy traffic of Rehoboth, Dewey, and Bethany beaches at this upscale canal front hotel. The rooftop pool with a beautiful panoramic view of Lewes Beach is characteristic to this boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Hotel Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.