We started visiting Hotel Blue when it first opened. My - How things have changed since then.
While it is a fairly decent boutique hotel (expensive boutique hotel), it is starting to show its age.
After a 3 year hiatus, we stayed over a fully booked weekend early in the season.
Understandably, the pool was not filled yet and maintenance work was being done by the pool side fireplace. But - The weather was nice, and the hotel was fully booked. Why leave the pool chairs and tables inside the empty pool? It would have been nice to have at least a few chairs set up for guests to enjoy the view/weather. Eventually some of the guests pulled a chairs out of the pool to use.
On to the room (Ocean side):
- The metal patio chairs were heavily rusted, with large sections of black paint falling off. My concern was that the rust would rub off on my clothing
- One side of the inner living room curtain was missing
- One sofa pillow was heavily stained (nasty!)
- There was a strong musty smell in the living room and bedroom areas
- The phone message indicators were always blinking in both the living room and bedroom (no - there was no message waiting for us)
- The bathroom tiles facing the toilet were loose and shifting noisily. Very annoying.
- The shower nozzle has focused stream, no adjustment helps to fan the water stream out
- The bathroom floor was sticky upon arrival
- Unsightly wires hanging from under the TV in the bedroom and living room (half @ssed install job)
- There is no screen on the patio door - We really wanted fresh air from the musty smell.
- The bedspread is getting old and faded
Of course the location of the hotel is good, close to beach and town. The rooms are pretty spacious with large bathrooms and dual sinks. If you get a room that is well maintained then maybe you will enjoy your stay more than we did.
I guess maybe we would stay again at some point, but definitely a different room, including a discussion with the hotel staff regarding previous disappointments and verification that the selected room met our standards.
But - I think we will give Hotel Rodney a try and/or Rehoboth Inn and Spa and go from there.
Choose harbor side if available. You see the parking lot, but also some of the Canal. You can hear p...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
We are so very sorry your visit was not as expected. It is that time in the life of the property when things need to be spruced up and replaced. Cushions, bedspreads and throw pillows were due in February and it's been one thing after another. Mostly economy related production delays. We have been unable to do most outdoor maintenance, like spray painting the balcony furniture, due to the rotten weather this winter. The pool area is always closed until Memorial Day. (We put the furniture in the pool in the case of high winds. It's the safest place for them, since we have very limited storage.) Please e mail us directly with the room number you were in at firstname.lastname@example.org. We were unaware of having tile and drapery issues. We would like to offer you a discount on your next visit. Best regards- Hotel Blue
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.