“Service with a smile and very accomadating” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
Melbourne, Florida
“Service with a smile and very accomadating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I was traveling with my elderly parents. Amanda who was working the front desk was so helpful in assisting me with my particular needs. I asked her a million questions and every time she was very courteous and professional. I appreciated her patience and kindness in dealing with me as I was stressed having driven from FL. In the several times I inquired at the front desk if Amanda was unavailable then Michele jumped up to see if she could do anything. I found both of them a pleasure to deal with. I would also like to mention that the state of the rooms was outstanding. Everything you could ever dream of needing is in the room. The shower area was immaculate. One could perform surgery in there if necessary its so clean.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
sleepinnlewes, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We always want our guests to feel special!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
newark, delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Sleep Inn & Suites Lewes (in the Rehoboth Area) was extremely clean and comfortable. There were so many amenities that made our stay very enjoyable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I do not have a single negative thing to say about this hotel! We were able to bring our toy poodle, since this is a pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
sleepinnlewes, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
We are so happy to have accommodated you on your stay and are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future, have a awesome year.
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We were in the area because my father-in-law had a stroke while visiting the area. We saw this hotel on our way to the hospital and decided to reserve a room. While at the hospital, we were informed that my mother-in-law did not have a room to stay in and under the circumstances she really wanted to be in the same hotel that we were staying in. When we got back to the hotel, we were told that they did not have another room available. We checked in anyway, but we were trying to figure out what to do...mind you we are dealing with a family emergency. We were in the room for approximately 20 minutes and decided we just couldn't stay because my mother-in-law really needed to be in the same hotel as us. We were told that we would have to pay the full amount...not what I wanted to hear. Since there were many events going on in town, I am sure they rented the room to someone else (we checked in around 6:00 and checked back out around 6:20...plenty of time for the room to be rerented). So...this hotel received 100% profit on our misfortune. Since they do not have a night time manager on duty (strange....I have never been to a hotel that had no manager on duty), I called to resolve the issue when I got back to my home. The manager assured me that a refund was out of the question. When I asked if the room had been rerented she told me that she didn't know. Also, when I returned home, I found that the hotel had not only preauthorized the funds for the one night we were staying, but also preauthorized another $440.00 in hotel charges. If we were running on a tight budget, this could have been catastrophic for the weekend. I am completely blown away with the lack of customer service and empathy this hotel has to offer. I hope the owner is completely satisfied with Michele Hostedler's behavior and both of them can sleep at night knowing they routinely screw people over for money.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Newark, DE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

The hotel was decorated nicely and it was a convenient location, Staff was helpful and polite. The continental breakfest was decent. However, when we arrived for our two night stay, there was hair in the shower, and housekeeping did not clean the shower the next morning. Also, they did not clean in general the next morning nor did they give us new towels when they took our old ones. The bed was not made properly and I wound up adjusting the bedskirt so it would look nice for us. Also, there was a light switch by the door that did not seem to be attached to anything or turn anything on. The couple next door was not loud, but due to poor insulation, we could hear the couple next door talking and engaging in intimate relations. The front desk gave us $20 off our stay to compensate but that did not make up for a lack of service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

This is a GREAT place to stay in Lewes! The renovations are perfect! Continental breakfast is really good. They have eggs, toast, bagels, and muffins. The room was fantastic, along with how the maids had cleaned!!! The pool was heated WONDERFULLY!!! And the location of the hotel is near the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, Cape Henlopen State Park, Rehoboth Beach, and many other beaches. The tax-free Tanger Outlets is another great place to shop! I would definitely recommend this hotel to ANYONE!

• Stayed July 2009
sleepinnlewes, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this review, September 3, 2009
We are very pleased that you loved our renovations! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

When we showed up in the early evening of the night we were staying, we were told we had two separate reservations, not just one like we were supposed to have. They claimed the second was a phone reservation I had made directly to the hotel a couple of days earler. That is a complete fabrication. We make all of our reservations online, and I never call the hotel directly. They would not allow us to just cancel this incorrect second reservation because it was past their cancellation period.

We wasted more than an hour on the phone with various parties and ended up paying more than we should have. Bottom line is that you cannot trust the management of this hotel. There are lots of other choices in the area - use them instead. If you do stay here, better check with the hotel ahead of time to make sure they didn't give you a phantom second reservation like they did with us.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I booked this hotel after seeing a stay two nights get one free online advertisement. When I called the hotel they acted as if they needed to call headquarters to revify the information. Upon checkin I asked for a quote and was given the promotion price only to be given a different price upon checkout. The manager refused to honor the promotion and stated that the advertisement and employee were wrong. Hard to believe since the computer in the lobby also had the advertisement clearly marked on the website.

The staff was corteous but such unfair business dealibg would make me look into another facility. To think that this place is considered a choice hotel. Go Figure.

Also the fitness room is really one three pieces of equipment all of which are outdated.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area? Share your experiences!