“Italy in Lewes and Rehoboth, Delaware.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Touch of Italy was born out of two Italian family traditions that trace back to the late 1800's. These two families trace their roots to the beautiful Marche and Abruzzo regions in Central Italy, where one can find rich cultural traditions and recipes passed down from generation to generation. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and proudly runs five locations in Ocean City, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach, serving fresh items like handmade mozzarella cheese, pasta, pizza, cookies and crispy bread, as well as high quality imported items from Italy. Touch of Italy is proud to bring the Italian tradition to costal Delaware and Maryland, and pay tribute to our ancestors, who imparted to us a love of food and family.
“Italy in Lewes and Rehoboth, Delaware.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

After reading a few reviews it seem as a bad review gets a FREE meal.....ummm. Nah, can't do it. As somewhat a regular, every month or two, we enjoy Touch of Italy for all they offer. The aroma, food, service, and atmosphere are just great. They always have plenty of staff who are polite and friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW via mobile

It is always a pleasure to dine here. The food is delicious and the service is terrific. Thanks for a great dining experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MIDDLETOWN,DE
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

We heard much about this Italian deli (Restaurant) from our neighbors in our community and thought we would give it a try on our trip to the Rehoboth Beach area. We arrived approximately 1PM on a Sunday and the deli was full with the exception of one table for (2). That worked for us...perfect.
My wife and I ordered the same sandwich #18 which consisted of fried eggplant, fresh mozzarella, basil, and sun dried-peppers with olive olive. While waiting for the sandwich to arrive I ordered the Pasta Fagioli soup which was OK. For a Pasta Fagioli I thought the soup was too thick.
When the sandwiches arrived I was surprised with the content of the sandwich. Each sandwich consisted of (3) "slivers" of eggplant, mozzarella, sun dried peppers, basil and olive oil. There was at best no more than 1/2 inch of content on each sandwich. We reconstructed the sandwich and the contents as not to consume just bread. There was no perceived value for what we paid.The deli appeals to your senses, good waitstaff but fell short on execution. Having owned a restaurant ones dining experience is only as good as ones last experience. First impressions are lasting impressions. I am glad to hear there were many diners who had a positive experience. I guess we were (2) that fell through the crack.

I for one when looking for Italian will continue to go to Soffrittos in Newark, De.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lorenzo M, Owner at Touch of Italy, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm very shocked at your experience. As you can tell from all the other reviews for our Lewes location, this is really not the norm. Honestly, we frequently hear that our portions (across the board) are too large. We really expect people to take home leftovers and the statistics bear this out - especially among first timers.

As you indicated - your neighbors rave about us - so this is definitely very strange.

Please contact me directly at info@touchofitaly.com - I'd love to treat you to lunch and let's see if you can't have a much better experience. Certainly would like to know what date (and possibly time) you were at our Lewes store so we can track back.
Milford, Delaware
“Excellant as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

You enter and the first thing you notice is the aroma of fresh cheeses, and Italian meats. A great variety for purchase to take home or look at the menu and dine in. The hardest part is what choice to make.

Visited December 2014
Lewes, Delaware, United States
“an Italian extravaganza of food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

As an Italian myself, I am very selective when I eat Italian food outside of my own kitchen...this place is fabulous whether you want Italian pastry/cookies, a special Italian sandwich or a full hot meal. I have never been disappointed in their food or service...it is a must when you are at the beach in DE

Visited November 2014