“Always my favorite pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Touch of Italy was born out of two Italian family traditions that trace back to the late 1800's. These two families trace their roots to the beautiful Marche and Abruzzo regions in Central Italy, where one can find rich cultural traditions and recipes passed down from generation to generation. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and proudly runs five locations in Ocean City, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach, serving fresh items like handmade mozzarella cheese, pasta, pizza, cookies and crispy bread, as well as high quality imported items from Italy. Touch of Italy is proud to bring the Italian tradition to costal Delaware and Maryland, and pay tribute to our ancestors, who imparted to us a love of food and family.
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Always my favorite pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We come here every year and drive to Lewes for the pizza! We order our favorite pizza "San marzano" which is tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil. It comes to the table and there is no basil - I ask "where is the basil"? I first get this : oh it's just a garnish, oh we are out of basil, oh it's in the sauce! Crap! I tell them we order this all thd time and it comes with basil on it, so if you are out don't tell me a story , tell me the truth so I can change my order! How can you be out of basil? Crazy! Service is good, Cosmo good, pizza to die for , but, come on, be out of basil?

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific and convenient deli in heart of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great deli with everything needed to assemble an antipasti platter or light meal, sandwiches and pizzas are always hearty and delicious and a few essential grocery items. Try the luscious fontina cheese for a special treat. Very convenient not to have to drive to Route 1 for food although parking can be a challenge.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lewes, Delaware
“Apres Beach Bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Come to the TOI Restaurants, this was Lewes location.We sat outside because we were in bathing suits and cover ups. Unfortunately you can't have any wine out there. We had appetizer of the meatballs, do not miss! Served with delicious bread with olive oil. We had the 4 cheese gnocchi and a wood fire grilled pizza. Sublime! Fun to people watch outside.Table is a little wobbly but i solved that by putting my sandal under one of the legs!

Visited July 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Big Let Down This Year”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

After discovering this wonderful place last year, we could not wait to get back. Arrived mid Saturday afternoon just before the staff shift change. I ordered the spinach calzoni and my wife had a salad, which she enjoyed. My calzoni was completely different from last year. The crust was extremely thin and appeared well baked but the inside was barely lukewarm. We were both tired and starved after a long drive so I just ate it. I was pleasantly surprised, almost shocked when our order was served so fast and now I know why - they did not properly cook it. Plus, their old style calzoni with the thick crust was so much better. My wife asked for a side of bread right after her salad was served. Our server responded quickly and we could hear him tell the replacement server to get the bread. It never came. When presented with the check, I told our server about the lukewarm calzoni and the missing bread. With quite an attitude, she informed me they would have warmed it up if I had asked. She did not apologize for or explain why the bread was never served. We were looking forward to at least 2 meals there plus a third as take-out but now we will not be going back anytime soon.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Staff was rude & food was great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Its simple the staff was entirely rude, more our "server" who didn't serve us. I ordered my own food, got our drinks & retrieved our food myself, she was mad I didn't wait for her..okay I understand you have to wait sometimes but being ignored for 10+ minutes isn't right. She was also noticeably upset when she got no tip and the guy working the register got a 20% tip. Its simple in my mind be knowledgeable, curtious and prompt and you'll earn 5 stars because the food deserves 5 stars the atmosphere would get 5 also if she hadn't been noticeably staring constantly and making little rude remarks. Overall a 2 because a restaurant cannot survive on its food alonw

• Visited June 2014