“Authentic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Touch of Italy was born out of two Italian family traditions that trace back to the late 1800's. These two families trace their roots to the beautiful Marche and Abruzzo regions in Central Italy, where one can find rich cultural traditions and recipes passed down from generation to generation. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and proudly runs five locations in Ocean City, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach, serving fresh items like handmade mozzarella cheese, pasta, pizza, cookies and crispy bread, as well as high quality imported items from Italy. Touch of Italy is proud to bring the Italian tradition to costal Delaware and Maryland, and pay tribute to our ancestors, who imparted to us a love of food and family.
Clayton, New Jersey
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We really loved this place. Food was great, atmosphere was relaxing, husband saidg he could imagine people playing cards Iin a back room somewhere

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Great Lil touch of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We took the ferry over from Cape May to explore Lewes DE. What a fantastic find! Quaint lil restaurant an the end of Second street. We only ordered a plain cheese pizza BUT it was the closes to Rome Italy I have tested! Fresh mozzarella, basil, EVO! delicious! The Pinot Grigio was good too! The pastries and especially the Sfogliatelle was to die for.
I'd take the ferry over just to eat there!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Downtown Lewes Touch of Italy - incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been to the downtown Lewes Touch of Italy several times. Each time has been great. It does take a while to get your order, but I've found the customer service at this location to be friendly and helpful. Their cheeses and deli meats are far superior to any other in downstate Delaware. That being said, we decided to try the new location on Route 1. Without a doubt, I will not return. The host was arrogant and obviously not skilled in handling the demands of a restaurant filled with diners. (This is where we should have left.) Instead of simply telling us that the wait for a table might be 10, 15 or even 30 minutes so we could decide if we should go elsewhere, he said he didn't know. After waiting 30 minutes he told us he could seat us, but he didn't want to over tax his waitstaff because they had several other tables. Seriously? There were TWO of us. So basically, if he sat us, we couldn't get waited on right away. Okay. We sat. The server came over fairly quickly and was very personable. We ordered drinks. They didn't have the single malt scotch we wanted, so we ordered a bottle of wine. They didn't have the wine we ordered, so we made another selection. We ordered the special appetizer which was a plate of calamari. We got a plate of bread and our wine. At this point, we have been here about 1.5 hours. We have not gotten our appetizer yet. Let alone our dinner. Appetizer comes after letting server know it had not arrived. It was only okay, nothing special. I ordered the Pizza Focaccia. The menu compares this item to the Focaccia Robiola served at Da Ciro in NYC. It is not even close. The "flatbread" was more like two soggy waffles, which tells me it sat for a long time before making it to the table. My companion ordered a pasta dish that was tasty. However, this was a three hour dinner that was not worth the money we spent. I do not recommend you waste your time with this location. Maybe it is because they opened recently, maybe it is because their other locations are smaller and therefore easier to accommodate - I don't know. The mood was probably colored by the attitude of the host who, as we were leaving, was walking around with a fistful of cash instead of thanking the diners for coming in. I feel sorry for our server who was frustrated with the kitchen and the obviously inexperienced management.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Tasty Italian Food in Lewes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Lewes for my yearly beach trip and ran across Touch of Italy. I was impressed by the food, which was very tasty. It's kind of a bustling place, not a place for a quiet dinner, but the food quality was top-notch. I had the chicken parmagiana sandwich, which was large and well-made. The sauce was interesting, a little spicy, and not too chunky. I plan to go back this year. The employees were very friendly and quick to offer suggestions for beverages and desserts to complement our meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

So, my cousin tells me about this place "best Italian I ever ate"--which is exceedingly high praise from her. So, off we go. Very small place that was packed at 3pm on a Friday afternoon. We ate at the bar. The wait staff were very knowledgeable and friendly. We had the amazing antipasto (ate half and brought the other half home for a snack later). Trudie had the appetizer size gnocchi--if you like fresh gnocchi and cheese, this is the dish for you. I had the chicken parm, which was probably enough for three! We brought leftovers home, along with some biscotti and other cookies. I would certainly go back again.

Visited August 2013