“Tasty Italian Food in Lewes” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Touch of Italy was born out of two Italian family traditions that trace back to the late 1800's. These two families trace their roots to the beautiful Marche and Abruzzo regions in Central Italy, where one can find rich cultural traditions and recipes passed down from generation to generation. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and proudly runs five locations in Ocean City, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach, serving fresh items like handmade mozzarella cheese, pasta, pizza, cookies and crispy bread, as well as high quality imported items from Italy. Touch of Italy is proud to bring the Italian tradition to costal Delaware and Maryland, and pay tribute to our ancestors, who imparted to us a love of food and family.
Reston, Virginia
“Tasty Italian Food in Lewes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Lewes for my yearly beach trip and ran across Touch of Italy. I was impressed by the food, which was very tasty. It's kind of a bustling place, not a place for a quiet dinner, but the food quality was top-notch. I had the chicken parmagiana sandwich, which was large and well-made. The sauce was interesting, a little spicy, and not too chunky. I plan to go back this year. The employees were very friendly and quick to offer suggestions for beverages and desserts to complement our meal.

• Visited October 2012

Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

So, my cousin tells me about this place "best Italian I ever ate"--which is exceedingly high praise from her. So, off we go. Very small place that was packed at 3pm on a Friday afternoon. We ate at the bar. The wait staff were very knowledgeable and friendly. We had the amazing antipasto (ate half and brought the other half home for a snack later). Trudie had the appetizer size gnocchi--if you like fresh gnocchi and cheese, this is the dish for you. I had the chicken parm, which was probably enough for three! We brought leftovers home, along with some biscotti and other cookies. I would certainly go back again.

Visited August 2013
“Great sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took the family to Lewes for the day. We ran across Touch of Italy and decided to give it a try. My wife and I loved the sandwiches we had. They were full of meat and cheeses and very flavorful. I think the kids were less impressed, until it came to dessert time. We took cannolis home with us and needless to day....we ate every last one. The mini's are great for a quick fix.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, MD
“Small restaurant, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went twice to Touch if Italy while on my stay in Lewes, DE. I went for dinner first and I got a pizza "Fiaschetto", It was good except they put a lot of prosciutto on top which was extremely salty. The only way I could eat the pizza was by removing the prosciutto.
However, my husband wanted to go back next day for lunch and we got a sandwich, "the Dante" which was very good and big enough for 2.
We also got some cookies which were ok but nothing special. I think that if I ever go back I would only get a sandwich for lunch there and get dinners at an other restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Simple and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a wonderful Italian restaurant and deli. Everything we enjoyed was superb--fresh and flavorful. The lines might be daunting, but the food is worth the wait. We enjoyed their Insalata Mista, pasta with their homemade meat sauce, eggplant rolatini and calzoni. Everything was delicious. The biscotti were soft and just right--not too sweet, and the cannoli were wonderful as well. We went back for takeout a few nights later and enjoyed subs--the rosa y blanco with fresh tomatoes, homemade mozzarella, basil and olive oil and a meatball sub. Both were great!