“Great sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Touch of Italy was born out of two Italian family traditions that trace back to the late 1800's. These two families trace their roots to the beautiful Marche and Abruzzo regions in Central Italy, where one can find rich cultural traditions and recipes passed down from generation to generation. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and proudly runs five locations in Ocean City, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach, serving fresh items like handmade mozzarella cheese, pasta, pizza, cookies and crispy bread, as well as high quality imported items from Italy. Touch of Italy is proud to bring the Italian tradition to costal Delaware and Maryland, and pay tribute to our ancestors, who imparted to us a love of food and family.
New York City, New York
“Great sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great Italian deli with nice sandwich selection and pretty substantial Italian market. There is a host to seat you to a table when you arrive during a busy weekend lunch. I was glad to sit at the front window right next to the deli and still be able to people-watch outside.

Only once we sat down did I realize I was sitting next to a piece of twisted metal from the World Trade Center that was so close it was basically a table centerpiece. As a NYer with personal experience from the disaster, it felt disrespectful to be eating right next to it and I tried to move my plate away as far as I could from it.

But I admit, we were hungry, the sandwiches were really great and I tried not to think about it too much. I would definitely recommend this place but next time, and this is just my take, I would sit in one of the back tables or get it to go.

Visited May 2013

Pennsylvania
“Excellent food in a quaint evironment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant proves that you cannot "tell a book by its cover." Located in a house with a very small eating area and bar, this place serves up excellent Italian fare and offers deli items. We were there on a week night, so there were only a few people using the place, but I would guess that weekends and holidays would be packed. If you are in Lewes, this is a must see place to eat. We will be back, whenever we are in the area.

Service was prompt and very helpful; the olive bread is the best; all our entrees were excellent.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Very, Very Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've eaten at the 2nd Street location several times for lunch since this place opened. Wonderful Caprese salads (tell them light on salt & pepper if you prefer little or none). Pizza is awesome and the sandwiches are amazing. The sandwiches are large so plan on sharing. Cappuccinos are good but can take some time because they only have one machine. Service has always been great.

Probably important to note that it is not a great sit-down restaurant for families with little ones because the seating is tight and the menu is limited for young children (meaning no special kids menu).

Also,this place is relatively small and busy...very busy. Especially during the weekends. At times the wait can easily exceed an hour for a table at lunch, however you can wander around town and they will call you when your table is ready.

The prices remind me I'm in Lewes, but the atmosphere reminds me of the small, busy shops throughout Italy. Highly recommended!

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Memorial Day Weekend Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family stopped in on Saturday evening of Memorial Day Weekend - fortunately we arrived early, as the holiday crowd was in full force. Service was prompt despite being very busy. Started off with Olive Bread and Antipasto di Casa which were delicious. They have the best pizza in the area, so my son selected his favorite. Wife enjoyed her Pollo Taleggio and my Pesce Fra’ diavola (shrimp, clams, mussels in a spicy marinara with tossed taglioni was fantastic. Highly recommend this place and old downtown Lewes is a quant shopping experience.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Amore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stopped at Touch of Italy Saturday evening for a bite to eat and sat outside. It was lightly raining but the air was warm and thanks to the large umbrella, we enjoyed out meal without getting wet. We had an antipasta and shared an yummy pizza with fresh mozzarella and basil.The service was excellent and the place was packed with happy people enjoying the large variety of items on the menu. Don't miss this great spot!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere