“Lost its touch Now just Out of touch” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 73 restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
“Lost its touch Now just Out of touch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Walked n and noticed the 2 big guys who ran the place were not there. I was told they are no longer w the shop but the women at the deli would be making the sandwich.
After all they weren't the firsts to make the sandwiches. She claimed
Well after one bite my taste buds told me that they lost the delicious italy touch when the 2 big guys left.
It will now be known as untouched by myself and I assume anyone who appreciated the way the sandwiches were made before. The guys might not have been the first to make a sandwich but after my last sandwich not made by them; it seems it was the last great sandwich made n that establishment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Vineland, New Jersey
“A Delicious Touch of Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently made my first visit to A Touch of Italy. Walking into the deli/restaurant, the aroma of meats and cheeses reminded me of the shops my Italian-American family frequented when I was younger. I was going to pick up a sandwich, but decided to relax and have lunch. My server, a friendly young lady by the name of Jenn, took my order and then asked if I'd like some soup. I'm glad she did. I had a bowl of escarole and bean soup, a nice start for the first day of Lent. The soup was delicious, but there was so much I had to leave some of it so I could enjoy the other part of my meal. I'd ordered a caprese salad, which was excellent. The ingredients were fresh and the dish was accented by a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Jenn brought balsamic vinegar to the table, but I never touched it. Instead, I enjoyed the salad as it was presented. The dish is meant to serve two people, so I was full by the time I got midway through the salad. I brought the rest home with me to enjoy later. A Touch of Italy also sells pastries and cookies, which looked delicious. But I'm afraid they will have to wait until my next visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lewes, Delaware
“A gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

An old-style Italian deli with tables for dining in. Gr8 ingredients on their own real Italian homemade bread. Can't go wrong. Can get a beer or wine with your lunch as well.

Visited January 2013
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“A Little Bit of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best Italian food outside Italy and parts of New York! All entrees we've tried have been superb and their desserts are great! Try their Tiramasu and my daughter asks me to bring their rainbow cookies whenever I travel to VA.

Visited December 2012
Lewes, Delaware
“Best Deli in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We buy all our cheese, olives, pastries, italian goods here. Lou and Frank are the best. The sandwiches are great and the guys are always willing to adjust. They carry hard-to-get italian specialties like anisette sugar and salted capers.

Visited December 2012