“Good Beach Trip July 3-6th” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Mill Inn

Red Mill Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewes
Red Mill Inn
You added Red Mill Inn to your Saves list
16218 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Lewes B&B and Inns
Columbia, Maryland
“Good Beach Trip July 3-6th”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

One of the few motels that takes pets, the motel is what you pay for. It's not fancy, but basic enough for needs. Rick, the manager is a really nice guy and really helpful if you need anything. I think a lot of people were ripping on the place. Yes, it is a little outdated, but we were fine and would go back.

Room Tip: Really, I don't think any of the rooms are bad!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here two nights in May 2014. It was clean enough for us and the people were nice. We would be happy to stay there again on our next visit to the beach. They are close to Lewes and the beach there.

Room Tip: goods value great if you have a pet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My girl friend and I were on a spontaneous road trip. Went to see my friend in Dewey. Booked the red mill in for Saturday night 8.17.13 we got to the hotel late at night around 2am. Before we got into bed I pulled the comforter off and then pulled the first sheet back. I saw something crawling. IT WAS A BED BUG!!!!! I grabbed a cup and put it in it. Called the front desk 3 times from my truck and finally left a message. The woman called back and said to come to the front desk. I was/am skeaved out and mad. She refunded my money and my girlfriend and I are sleeping in my truck... Do not stay here unless you want bedbugs. I have pictures of it too.

• Stayed August 2013
pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were driving home on a Monday and, as we passed the Red Mill Inn around 11:30am and the weather had turned really great, decided to stay over to visit Cape Henlopen if there was a room ready. The owner put us in a small room which was made up. That night my wife discovered gum on the underside of the pillow case. It looked as if the maid only made up one bed -- probably the one with gum was used but remade by the last guest. Bad news. And, why is this place listed as a B&B? Breakfast consisted of mostly of some generic cereal. We went out for breakfast. The person on duty the next morning assured me motel policy is to change both beds in a room, even if only one appears to be used. He also said there were other larger rooms available on the first floor and he would not have put us in the small room we were given.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Macungie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Last minite hotel booking while on the road. Upon checkin the room was moldy, old and had dead flies in the room. We did get moved to another room which was just as bad. The towel rack was hanging off the wall and the bathrom door had a major sized hole. The beds did not look refreshed with clean linens. We immediately checked out. Do not stay at this hotel it is unsanitary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We only stayed one night,a spur of the moment trip. The price was cheap enough, and the young man at check in was nice as well. The room had a musty smell, the towel rack and toilet paper holder were missing and there just two hand towels. We spent the first ten minutes killing flies. Finally, I'm not sure my sheets had been changed. There was some sand in the sheets and they had that rumpled look, as if someone had slept in them. I don't know for sure though. If you can afford better, do yourself a favor, spend the extra money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sugar Run, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've seen worse and also have seen a lot better. Overall, pretty clean. Bedding yellowed and warn with holes. No blanket other than bedspread. Old-fashioned tube tv. Free wifi in room, but none of them were dependable. Didn't use pool, but it didn't look bad. Very close to Lewes public beach and Cape Henlopen and you miss all the horrible traffic on the strip to the outlets and Rehobeth so location isn't bad. Big room, but very dark. Good size fridge and micro included. If we stayed again, would bring our own bedding. Actually booked it without a credit card deposit and they were very good about changing the date at the last minute.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Red Mill Inn? Share your experiences!