“New chain 2 us, loved the place & Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Harrington

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Harrington to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Harrington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1259 Corn Crib Road, Road 433, Harrington, DE 19952 (Formerly Lodge & Suites Harrington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Reading, Pennsylvania
“New chain 2 us, loved the place & Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Never heard of this chain b4. However, will not hesitate 2 stay at this location or another in the future. Loved everything about this place. Great layout, staff & pool!! Located across the highway from the DE Ice hokey rink & the Harrington casino.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wyoming, Delaware, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

At 1st look at this large and well-kept hotel you would think that it’s going to be a real nice place to stay, well just goes to show that looks are not everything. My husband and I stay at a motel at least twice a month just to get out and be with each other. We almost always pick an AmericInn’s place to stay, however it’s either the Rehobeth or Milford ones. But this time we decided to try out Harrington’s BC of its closeness to our home. Well at 1st I can say that they were very accommodating by allowing us to have an early check in. But the way this large establishment is set up is annoying. Their parking lot is really far away from either set of doors so parking close and getting our stuff and us into the hotel was not an option unless we parked illegally and left our vehicle unattended, which we didn’t, so we parked as close as possible and hiked all of our belongings at one time in the frigid heavy winds & cold to the back doors and up to our room. The room itself was so disappointing compared to other rooms we have had. The décor was plain and cheap and looked unfinished in the bathroom/sink area. The safe, fridge, and ancient microwave were kept under the bathroom sink! Real fun getting items in & out of them, I literally had to set on the floor to load the fridge. The room was smaller and the Jacuzzi was real small! It would only hold one person at a time. The one we had in Milford was big enough to hold us both and then some. The TV on the other hand was very nice. However it would only allow the volume to go so high and when you had the water on in the Jacuzzi or the switch to turn on the jets, you couldn’t hear it at all! So we decided to go to the pool so we both could enjoy something at the same time, well wouldn’t you know it, the pool had NO HEAT! They had a warning sign on the door stating the pool was very cold (duhh) and the heating system was down for the time being (never was fixed while we were there). The hot tub in the pool area on the other hand was delightful and it was a shining moment. We returned to our room at midnight while there were loads of teenagers & younger children running up & down the halls, trying to unlock our door, throwing ice at one another and just being loud & disruptive. Called the front desk, complained and still it was almost 1am before all was settled down. During this time my husband wanted to try out the Jacuzzi BC it’s the whole reason why we even paid the extra money for that room. Well OF COURSE when he pushed the button in to turn the jets on, it kicked in for about 2 seconds then shut off and wouldn’t come back on. By this time I was done. I didn’t call the front desk BC for one I didn’t want someone in my room trying to fix whatever was wrong at such a late hr and for 2 I was just so completely worn out I just wanted sleep. When we finally checked out I informed the front desk person that the jets were not working, she told me that it’s a blown breaker and it always happens all the time! I asked why don’t someone fix the problem and she stated that she has been trying to get “them” to investigate it and fix it for some time now but it hasn’t happen yet. I said that they should put up a sign explaining that if this happens not to worry, it’s a simple breaker blown and can be easily fixed BC if I would have known that I would have called and gotten it fixed. Never stay here again, will travel the extra distance to stay in Milfords little nicer one!!

Room Tip: Go to the Milford one instead! Much much better all around!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Harrington hotels

Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

"I needed a room for disabilities -- was told this was it."

I just had surgery and after being in the hospital for 4 days, I needed an additional time to recoup before going home to family, so my husband & I decided to call this hotel as it's only 2 miles from my home. I "have my printed out confirmation" stating, 1.) need disability access 2.) just returning from hospital and need that room for 2 nites. 3.) 1st floor room. I spoke w/the lady at the desk before confirming my reservation (as I did most of it on line) explaining the bathroom needed to have shower and commode disability access. GUESS WHAT -- NOTHING WAS FOR THE DISABLED.. If anyone wants to check it out -- it's room 110.

Room Tip: If you just "want" a room for sleeping -- OK. If you need have disabilities, no way. I e...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at the Americinn in Harrington during Hurricane Irene in August of 2011. Though the hotel was sold out, the staff was still very friendly and willing to help. Through the storm, the staff was running around doing damage control but still made sure guests were helped. The room was nicer than expected for the price paid. The breakfast was very good and complimentary.

While staying at this location in a normal (non-Hurricane situation), one could go right across Rt. 13 to Harrington Raceway and Casino where you can gamble, watch horse racing, and go to scheduled concerts and events. Moreover, the hotel is about 30 minutes away up Rt. 13 from Dover Downs Raceway and Casino/ Dover International Speedway, making the hotel great to stay at for NASCAR weekend. If you want to go to the beach, Rehoboth Beach is only one hour South-west of the Hotel. The hotel is about a 1.5 drive from the Philadelphia and Baltimore Airports.

Overall, even through the storm I enjoyed my stay at Americinn and would recommend it highly to anyone looking to get away for a weekend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
DERooms, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Harrington, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the AmericInn of Harrington; we were happy to provide a safe haven for visitors during the hurricane. We hope you will come and visit us again when the weather is a little more favorable.
Binghamton NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Hotel is recently rennovated/very clean. Dogs are allowed, but it's pricey: $25/dog/night for first two nights, then $15/dog/night. Only dogs are allowed. Grounds are very well kept - pet agreement assures that. Unlike other upscale hotels where the "omelets, bagel sandwiches and breakfast burritos" are served piping hot in a serving dish, AmericInn provided these breakfasts still wrapped in plastic in the fridge for the guests to nuke. Location is just off Rt. 13 which is a main route to the Delaware beaches, so there was potential for traffic noise, but our room was in the back building and very quiet (except for guests who checked in at midnight). Overall, we'll be back!

Room Tip: back side of back building
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to provide quality customer service to ensure a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to post this review to help us continually evaluate areas where we can improve.
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My son and I stayed here after going to the Delaware State Fair. The hotel is literally right across the street from the fairgrounds, walking distance. The room was confortable but had a musty odor which wasnt horrible but certainly not pleasant. Two or three times at the front desk I had to wait over 5 minutes for someone to appear or acknowledge me. The pool was clean. One thing I found odd was the book with the hotel information did not have any local restaurants listed. Since it is on a major highway looking at the Yellow pages really didnt help me find a place to eat. When I went out in the morning for the free breakfast no food was there. Even the coffee pots that had been there the afternoon before were gone. No one was at the front desk to ask. There was a coffemaker in the room

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DERooms, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Harrington, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
We are so sorry your stay was not up to our usual customer service standards. I can assure you that these issues will be addressed with our staff and appropriate measures taken to ensure this is not repeated. We are in the process of updating the information book so soon each room will have a complete updated book - and will include local restaurant information.
Thank you for taking the time to indicate areas of needed improvement. We hope you will return to stay with us so you can see we have taken your suggestions seriously and made the appropriate changes needed.
Harrington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I heard great things about your hotel and that lead me to staying with you while on a recent business trip. I was a little concerned about your policy on firearms (them not being permitted in your hotel). I travel while competing in firearm competitions and I would never want to leave a firearm in my vehicle overnight. I understand that some people have reservations against firearms, but I think that having a blanket policy against them may turn away some future clients, such as myself. As much as I enjoyed my business stay at the AmericInn Harrington, I would not return while competing as I would be blatantly breaking your rules.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Harrington? Share your experiences!