“Great staff, good breakfast and a good night's sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20530 DuPont Blvd, Highway 113 and Route 404, Georgetown, DE 19947   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Georgetown
VA Beach
“Great staff, good breakfast and a good night's sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites last weekend during the Dover Speedway Races. The hotel is nice and the breakfast is good. I stayed there because they are award winners (best of the best) and I agree. When I checked out I left 2 pillows and my entire travel toiletries case...........................needless to say I was very frustrated with myself. I called the hotel and asked that they ship my stuff to me and it arrived today! I am thrilled. I would like to thank the staff for great customer service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Granger, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

We stayed a week in this hotel for leisure. The second day, we noticed the air conditioner unit was filled with mold. It was an inch thick and three inches deep - the entire length of the air flow area. We asked for it to be cleaned - and it was the next day. Manager said it was 'dirt'. I have a science degree - I know mold when I see it. Shower curtains and walls of showers had mold all over it. In addition - the second day - the room was not cleaned at all. When we got back at 8:30 at night - no one could help us - and they handed us a roll of toilet paper. I was able to talk to the managers son - who confirmed their employees did not show that day and they were short staffed. I told him then I should not pay the $150.00 room rate if it is not serviced. He told me that we could talk to him when we check out at the end of the week - and he would personally inspect the room the next day. Once again - we came back late - and the room was not cleaned - no towels, full trash, not swept. So when I went down again at night - the night clerk was handing another guest a toilet plunger and told her to fix her own toilet. I did get more supplies - but once again it was marked "in managers' book" that my room was not cleaned for a second day - and I wanted a rate adjustment. I was told it would be adjusted. Breakfast food was old and stale. Even the bagels had mold on it. When we check out - no manager to be found. Clerk kept repeating over and over 'no discount' - which the manager son put on the computer screen - knowing I asked for it twice - and understood I would get. Contacted Comfort Inn and Suites corporate office - and they said they would get a response regarding this service in 72 hours. Manager denied this - and told corporate office - no discount. Final out come - the manager lied to me - and I got some coupons to use if I go back. The clerk told me there was nothing I could do - they had my credit card number. How do you like that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Ice and vending machines broken during 100+ degree weekend stay. Staff seemed unconcerned. Flies everywhere, esp. at breakfast, while two front desk staff looked on and swatted flies, looking bored. Its only strength is location - near Sports at the Beach. Otherwise, there's no reason for anyone to stay there. Fixing the attitude of the staff and repairing equipment would go a long way.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
The hotel was aware of the ice machine issue had a technician come out to try and fix the problem. the first floor was not able to be fixed but the tech did get the second floor ice machine working. The fly issue we are currently working on as we are right next to a field so we are looking into every aspect to get that taken care of.
Jacksonville Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I checked in around 11:30pm and had no problems with the reservation. Got to my room and it was a little stale smelling but I turned on the two AC units and it cleared up right away. For $89 a night I got a suite with a king bed in a separate room and two doubles in another room, two TV's, a bar area, and a pullout sofa. I didn't need all these beds but it would be a good deal for a family.

The bed and pillows were comfortable and I was not once awaken by any outside noise. The wireless internet connection was smokin' fast and I didn't have to type in a 32 alpha numeric code to get access. Just clicked on the icon and, BAM, checking my email.

There were two burn marks in the carpet with the obvious shape of a clothes iron. Seems like someone dropped it, picked it up and dropped it again. Other than that, I can't say anything negative about the place.

The shower had good pressure, plenty of towels, and the TV had an excellent channel lineup.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Goodyear AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

The room was not at all clean. In the corners by the front door there was dirt and peanuts that were never vacuumed up from the last person. The second night we pulled the bed down and what appeared to be grass was on the sheets. Could not tell if they changed sheets or not. We had light bulbs out and just the appearane of the room was that it is never clearned very good. The breakfast bar was okay but very congested area and lot of flys. Not the best food in the world. I would never stay there again. We had gone down to Georgetown for a funeral so this dirty room just added to the sad event. In addition to the dirt it was noisey. You could hear the people in the next room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
We always value our guest and their comments. The comments that you have made we have recited back to each department and they are working to ensure that those issues do not occur again. We have increased the breakfast bar with new items, and our guests are extremely satisfied.
Whippany, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Never will I stay at a Choice Hotel chain member ever again!! Arrived on Sat. 8/22 for a two night stay which I booked online. The room I received was a non-smoking with a very musty smell. There was a swarm of flies in the room which I could not defeat no matter how much swatting I did. Tried to change rooms because maybe there was just a problem with this one room. The next room was also non smoking but the flies were still swarming along with dead ones laying on the windowsill. I wondered what they could be feeding on. Like the previous review there were also greasy smudge marks over everything. On the way back to the front desk I then noticed some naked children in the pool swimming and doing whatever else kids do. That did it! I told the staff that this was not what I was looking for and that I wasn't comfortable staying here. Their reply was an unsympathetic sorry, there is a 72 hour cancellation policy. The only person that could help me was the manager who was unavailable. This issue escalated to my calling Choice Hotels (which are useless) and issuing a complaint at the police department. Final resolution was achieved 2 1/2 hours later with the front desk calling the owner who agreed to let me leave without paying. All of this was after my vacation was ruined, I was aggravated beyond belief and my trust in booking from a trusted hotel chain shattered. PLEASE DO NOT stay here nor in any other Choice Hotel chain without first seeing it. Their guarantee is worthless as this hotel was individually owned and they could do nothing for me except give me a complaint number.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
We value our guests comments and certainly want to know if they are dissatisifed. The comments that you have left have been passed on to each department and they are assuring that this will not happen again. We did try to make it right for you by moving you to another room, but you declined that. I hope that you will consider this an isolated incident and return to choice hotels in the future.
Germantown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I booked with Priceline which did not specify whether the room was to be non-smoking or smoking. When I arrived early in the afternoon, this Comfort Inn put me in a smoking room filled with flies, the refrigerator was dirty with smudge marks all over it - the room and bathroom had clearly not been properly cleaned and everything flat-out wreaked of smoke. Outside the room there were dirty towels and garbage all over the hallways. When I asked to be moved to a non-smoking room or granted a refund (as we have two small children and did not want them breathing the fumes) the front-desk staff was unwilling to make any accomodation - and frankly behaved with a rude attitude. (I checked-in on Friday July 31 at 1:30PM). I called Priceline and the Comfort Inn 1-800 number - and neither could help me.

I have honestly seen MUCH better rooms at hotels charging $40 a night. At $150+ a night this is a terrible value. It is well worth it to pay a little more to be closer to the beach - which is exactly what we did the next night. I would have frankly been better off sleeping in a tent and saving the money. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs - it is one of the worst hotels I have ever been to - and I have been to quite a few.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
We value or guests and their comments. When booking through an online website they have the tendency to book your reservation without knowing what type the room is. Your reservation came through as a smoking room with a request for non smoking. Depending on the availablity of the hotel depends on if we are able to accommodate you to that room type. However at that time we were unable due to the fact we had no non smoking rooms left. The hotel had no control over the reservation as you had made it through a different party. We hope you will continue to stay with choice hotels in the future and consider this an isolated incident.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!