“Best place to sleep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20530 DuPont Blvd, Highway 113 and Route 404, Georgetown, DE 19947   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Georgetown
Norfolk
“Best place to sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stay here because we got married in Georgetown just around the corner from the main circle of Georgetown..Just down the street is the Harvest DInner which is a great place to eat..(see my review) Back to the Comfort in..If you are just passing though or staying for a few days here is the place to stay..Nice rooms and clean..Beds are to die for so comfortable..Hot food for breakfast..The cleaning staff and all the Employees were so nice and helpful. I can't say more about the Hotel..Are stay with them was like staying with Family..That's the best I can say to describe this great place to rest your head..Can't wait to see them all again...

Room Tip: Every room is a good room to stay in..
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We are delighted to here that staying with us The Comfort Inn & Suites in Georgetown, Delaware made your stay during your wedding a fantastic one! Congratulations on your Marriage and we wish you many years of happiness! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the cleanliness of your room, the breakfast and all staff. All our departments go out of there way to ensure each guest has a great stay and I have passed you review on to each staff member. We hope to see you again in the future. Best of luck!

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 with the family and fellow baseball team members for a tournament at nearby Sports on the Beach. Proximity to the baseball complex was great (just 10-15 minutes) and there were enough restaurants and shops nearby to get food and extras. The pool was a welcomed amenity during the hot days, and the included breakfast was good enough to please most palates (make your own waffles, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, breads/pastries). The hotel offered us a group rate and were very accommodating although I think some of the kids' behavior really tested their patience at times. The rooms were good although I was extremely disappointed that the "fitness room" was under construction. I found an excellent new fitness center down the road on route 13 for only $5 a day. Vending and ice machines were well stocked, located, and in working order. We also visited Rehobeth Beach one day which was only about 20-25 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at The Comfort Inn & Suites in Georgetown, Delaware. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for letting other guest know our amentities as well as the choices on the Continental Breakfast. We hope you had a blast at Sports At the Beach inwhich is 3 miles from us and we hope your tournament was a success! We are sorry that you were unable to the use the fitness. The fitness room was out of order due to the fact that we were installing an elevator. The elevator has actually taken the space where the fitness room used to be, so we no longer have one. However; we have partnered with the gym Flex World not even a mile south of us if you show them your key card for the hotel the cost to use the gym all day is $5, and if you stay a week it would be $15 for the whole week. Thanks again for our review and we look forward to seeing you again during your travels.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at your facility; everyone was courteous and friendly. Our room was clean when we arrived and very orderly.
I would stay again at a Comfort Inn & Suites, and also tell friends. Thank you.

Room Tip: We did leave a tip for the cleaning personnel; they did a good job.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind reviews about your stay with us at The Comfort Inn & Suites in Georgetown, Delaware. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always strive to make all guests stay a welcome one. I have shared your review with all departments and we all look forward to seeing you again on your next stay. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been staying here for the last 3/4 years, and have seen this property undergo at least two renovations. Every time, it has been for the better. I find that the rooms are comfortable, up to date and nicely appointed for what you pay for a room for the night. As I'm an early riser, I can't judge the breakfast. I just want a comfortable bed, working TV and good internet. I receive this every time I stay here. My only complaint would be that the bathrooms are never updated, other than the mirrors, sink and counter top. It would be nice if the tubs and armatures were replaced, too. But that could just be corporate direction. This would not prevent me from staying here again, as I always do.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad to hear each experience is a great one when you stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Georgetown, Delaware.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Eden, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I worked third shift and the noise level was horrendous during the day to the point I couldn't sleep. Then there was the rock hard bed--my back is still hurting from that. And if you have a lot of luggage beware if you're on the second floor--they have a ramp that you have to roll the already unstable cart down. Thank God for the nice gentleman who helped me otherwise it would have turned over or ran on down the hall. Coming in from third shift in the mornings around 6:00 there was no yogurt except for one time, had to ask for milk and no clerk at the desk at all. Then there's the issue with my A/C unit that wasn't working right. I plainly told the front desk clerk I worked third and guess what about 9:00 in the morning when I'm sound asleep the phone rings and it's maintenance! Plus I had to settle for 2 double beds in an already very small room. Limited TV channels with no TV guide. The only nice thing about this hotel was the nice sized bathroom. I will find other accommodations if in this area again.

Room Tip: None that I know of.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are unhappy to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, in Georgetown, Delaware. We apologize for any noise issues during your stay however we are a business that has employees and other guests on the property throughout the day. We do understand that you work night time and that you sleep during the day so all staff was aware to try and be quiet however they still must perform their duties as a housekeeper.

The furniture, mattress and bedding are new as the rooms were just renovated in 2013.

Continental breakfast hours are from 7 am to 10 am. However when we have a lot of workers in we do try to put it out around 6 to 630 am.

The ac unit was checked by the maintenance staff after you left to go to work. The morning he called your room he came in 8 am to 4 pm and figured he would get right into your room so that he could address the issue and allow you to be able to sleep during the day.

The TV channel guide is located in your guest directory in the room.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and we would like for you to give us another chance if your in the area again.

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Seaford, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a mental health getaway in the middle of the week. It was close to work and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was nice. I have no complaints and would stay again. It was a nice getaway for me from a hectic schedule.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for response on your stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Georgetown, Delaware. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your review with all staff and they give you a warm thank you as well. Its always a pleasure to hear when a guest enjoys their stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next getaway.
Wetumpka, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I always stay in Comfort Inns due to their dog policy and having the cleanest rooms of any hotel chain in my opinion. Unfortunately, this one was clean but not up to the standards of others I have used. The AC was great. The room with king size bed was very comfortable. The breakfast choices were somewhat limited as compared to larger Comfort Inns. I note in a review that someone wrote there was no elevator. Well, the one I rode up and down several times seemed to be there. Staff friendly and informed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!