“Comfortable but No Frills” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20530 DuPont Blvd, Highway 113 and Route 404, Georgetown, DE 19947   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Georgetown
Connecticut
“Comfortable but No Frills”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here for a week while attending a sports tournament. The staff was pleasant and the room was ready early for check in. One BIG negative was there is no elevator here. Granted, it is only two floors but when you have a good bit of luggage it is inconvenient to have to lug it up and down the stairs. The room was clean and modern. The view was lacking...it was of the large outdoor dumpster and fast food joints. (could have been worse the other side's view was a huge dirt mound.) Convenient travel to sports fields. Lots of fast food around but if you want a "sit down" dinner then you have about a 20 minute drive. Wal-Mart and Walgreens are nearby if you need anything you forgot at home but if you want to shop, go to the beach, movies etc, you will need about 20-30 minutes to drive there. Pool was nice and clean but small and even in August it was freezing cold water! Breakfast was basic and didn't vary day to day. Staff worked hard to keep it stocked especially since hotel was completely booked full. There is one washer and dryer on the premisses and no change machine so that was a hassle. Walls aren't very sound proof so when someone is shutting their door or getting ice, you all know it. Overall, the stay wasn't bad. We still managed to have a great time with the group we were there with. Staff was also very considerate to maintain a quiet time after 10pm for guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments on to all departments and they welcome me in saying Thank you.

Thank you for also mentioning attractions around the hotel as we are a small little town. We do have eateries such as the Harvest Diner, Bella Capri, Pizza Palace and the Brick lounge in the area. Walmart next door as well. The construction on the other side of the property is new retail stores being built.

The hotel does have an elevator that is located next to the guest laundry facility to the left of it.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hampstead, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a work related trip. I picked this hotel due to distance where I need to be the next day. If you are driving from the south, you will have drive pass the hotel about 1/4 mile then make a u turn to get to the hotel. When I made my reservations online, I must have checked smoking room, because when I received the confirmation email, it assigned me a smoking room. I quickly called the contact number and I was reassigned to non-smoking room. The check was quick. The room was very spacious with a King size bed, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was very spacious. When I opened the curtain to look out, the curtain rod fell. I called the front desk, they told me they will call maintenance right away. Within a few minutes, the curtain rod was placed back where it needed to be. Walmart is right behind the hotel. There's restaurant, drug store, liquor store and a few other business. I did not care much for the breakfast, no hot food except you can make your own waffles. I did not see fresh fruits, and the coffee very weak for me. Royal farms is across the street better coffee. Overall, mt overnight stay was good, and will possibly stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your response on your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again. We are glad that we were able to assist you in switching you into a non smoking room, as well as fixing the curtain rod in a timely manner. We strive for guest satisfaction and glad you were satisfied. The breakfast does have hot items that are located in the food warmer. There is sausage links and egg patties. We also have fresh fruit: apples and oranges that are located next to the cereal. The next time you stay please ask and we would be glad to show you where the items are located on the breakfast bar. Once again, Thank you for your review and I passed it on to all departments and they Thank you as well.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Have to give this roadside a low rating based on cleanliness and service. We found half eaten McDonald's under the bed skirt. Goes without saying that it makes you wonder about the overall cleanliness of the room.

The staff was unable to provide us with extra blankets. They also gave us a hard time about checking in so late - @ 10:30 pm.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for leaving a comment in regards to your stay. We strive to make each guest have an enjoyable stay experience. I am sorry to hear that you experienced uncleanliness in your room. I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping Supervisor so that this incident does not occur again and she is offering a sincere apology. Next time please notify the front desk as they are open 24 hours 7 days a week and they would have been glad to assist you and provide another room to you. A reservation is guaranteed until 7 am with a valid credit card so you may check in any time after 3 pm the day of arrival. We hope you consider this an isolated incident and look forward to seeing you in the future.
New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've made this my new lower De. Hotel choice when traveling on business, after a disappointing staff change at the Lewes Sleep Inn, where I had stayed regularly for years.
The transition has been seamless. The staff is welcoming, the rooms fresh & clean. The times I've stayed when traveling Little League teams were also there, have been quiet and orderly, as this hotel employs security for such events.

• Stayed August 2013
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have related your review with all departments and they send a Thank you as well. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are satisfied and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on one of your business ventures.
Amboy, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were excited to find a hotel on our way to the beach for under$100 per night (should have been first red flag!!) and available rooms and they told my husband they had recently renovated. Got to hotel to check room first and the smell was horrible smelled like a dentist office, carpet was stained, the walls were horribly dirty, amazing what a fresh coat of paint could do. Air conditioning must have a max on it or something because it shut off in middle of the night and I went to turn it down and it would not turn on. The unit was very very dirty with dirt/mold/not sure. Also found hairs in each of the queen beds, and they were not comfortable. My whole family was on edge all night. Called front desk to ask for bedding for sofa bed she told me I would need to come and get it. They put us at the very end of the hall way with my inlaws across the hall and I simply could not believe these rooms were recently renovated. So I asked....her response... No only the King suites were renovated and those are sold out. We hope to renovate the rest of the hotel in a year. Was disappointed in the fact that this is a Comfort Suites and I normally have awesome luck with that brand. Silverware containers in am breakfast were dirty and staff was kinda crabby. Would spend an extra $80 any day somewhere for a peace of mind and good nights sleep. New Hampton Inn we should not have passed up in town before this one. Never ever stay here again or recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments, as we always like to strive to make our guests have an enjoyable stay. Our rate is always lower then Beach prices as we are not that far from the beach. The hotel was just renovated in 2013. We will be in the process of renovations for our suites that are no more then 5 years old in the back section of the hotel this winter. As to the "odor in your room" and the "hairs in the bed"if you have voiced your concern with the front desk they could have moved you to another room. Nothing was mentioned to the Front desk. The a/c units are controlled by energy efficient sensors. Once the room gets a certain degree and there is no movement in the room, the a/c will cut off. Just for future references if you decide to stay again, please mention to the front desk and they will turn the sensor off for you. All a/c's in the entire hotel have just been cleaned by our maintenance engineer. If you see black dust that is only the foam lining in the a/c unit. Our brand is the Comfort Inn and Suites, not Comfort Suites. We have standard rooms and suites, and the other brand only has suites. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you shall consider this an isolated incident and give us another chance on your next travels.
Albertson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great time, location to baseball fields was very convenient! Players had a great time in the pool.... Having so many stores nearby was excellent! Front desk staff was very helpful booking restaurant for 20 people last minute. Gave us great advice on local places to eat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! Glad we could help you out! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again during your travels. I have passed your response to all staff and they all welcome me in saying Thank You Again.
West Melbourne, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was traveling alone with my two children 7 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. Check-in was quick and everything was already ready. Staff was courteous and very helpful. I was very impressed with the breakfast bar in the morning, there were a lot of choices and I didn't have to stick to doughnut and coffee/juice like some places we have stayed. I felt good about what I was feeding my kids in the morning. It is conveniently located and easy to spot on the highway and to get in and out of the parking lot. Only two downsides were the construction in the lot next to them (which they can't help), and the parking lot was full and we had to walk around to the entrance from the other side of the lot. I will stay again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest was pleased during there stay. I have passed your comments along to each department and they Thank you as well. Hope to see you again in the future and hope your remaining summer is a blast.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Hampton Inn Seaford
#1 of 6 in Seaford
4.5 of 5 stars 201 reviews
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#18 of 29 in Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#11 of 29 in Rehoboth Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 250 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!