“Baseball tournament” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20530 DuPont Blvd, Highway 113 and Route 404, Georgetown, DE 19947   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Georgetown
Albertson, New York
“Baseball tournament”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great time, location to baseball fields was very convenient! Players had a great time in the pool.... Having so many stores nearby was excellent! Front desk staff was very helpful booking restaurant for 20 people last minute. Gave us great advice on local places to eat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! Glad we could help you out! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again during your travels. I have passed your response to all staff and they all welcome me in saying Thank You Again.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
West Melbourne, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was traveling alone with my two children 7 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. Check-in was quick and everything was already ready. Staff was courteous and very helpful. I was very impressed with the breakfast bar in the morning, there were a lot of choices and I didn't have to stick to doughnut and coffee/juice like some places we have stayed. I felt good about what I was feeding my kids in the morning. It is conveniently located and easy to spot on the highway and to get in and out of the parking lot. Only two downsides were the construction in the lot next to them (which they can't help), and the parking lot was full and we had to walk around to the entrance from the other side of the lot. I will stay again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest was pleased during there stay. I have passed your comments along to each department and they Thank you as well. Hope to see you again in the future and hope your remaining summer is a blast.
Delaware City, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stay at this hotel every year during our baseball tournament. Great location for Sports at the beach. Nice pool good breakfast.Room was nice and roomy and comfortable. We noticed it had been recently renovated and it looked very nice. If you have any problems and have to call the desk, they send someone right away.We recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to express your kind words during your stay with us! I have communicated your compliment to all departments and they thank you as well. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Staying in the area to visit my parents who live in Millsboro. Not a lot of choices in the summertime unless you want to shell out some big bucks and stay in the town of Rehoboth and sit in traffic all day. This hotel was conveniently situated on 113 & 404. Unfortunately, they are going to be building a new store in the adjacent lot for the next year, so hotel patrons beware of the noise. We got a beautiful view of dirt out our window. Oh well, the staff seemed overwhelmed with the number of guests, but were very professional and helpful. The hotel stinks of cigarette smoke AS SOON AS you walk in the door. We got a non-smoking room and it wasn't too bad in there, but if you have allergies, find another hotel. Breakfast was crowded, but provided the necessary cereal, waffles, donuts and coffee. Again, the staff did an amazing job keeping the place clean and well stocked. The pool was located just outside the breakfast area and was in good order. It is a SEASONAL pool, so don't plan on using this Sept thru April. Parking was a little tight as there were a lot of guests. I applaud the staff for having a security guard to not only ensure safety but to enforce a curfew of keeping kids from running & screaming through the halls. DEFINITELY overpriced for what you get. The rooms look ok, but then you realize they only "half way" remodeled. Some fixtures are very old, inefficient and downright dirty. (We found a tobacco can in our room left by the cleaning staff.) If they spent some more money and upgraded everything, I wouldn't mind paying the in-season prices. VERY convenient to Lewes beach, ok to Rehoboth, no way for OC. Plenty of quick shopping with Walmart & WaWa closeby. Great for families. Pets ok.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, away from stairs and elevators. It's the only way to get awa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments as we strive to bring the best quality and accommodations to each guest who stay with us.

The lot next door currently has many stores being built, with bringing more growth to our area and stores for residents and tourists to shop in.

We have recently remodeled each room at the property with adding other amenities to the property as well.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Washington, D.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My room was clearly marked as non-smoking, but reeked of smoke. The hotel either doesn't care or it had been some time since they had cleaned the room and nobody knew that it had gotten that bad without anyone in it.

I got a room with a whirlpool/hottub, and I was surprised to find it not in the bathroom. So you couple a hottub in the same room where you're sleeping with broken climate control and you sleep in swamp.

I did ask that the issue be addressed and was told that I just needed to power it down for five minutes when it crapped out every 20 and that would fix my problem. There was no appreciation at all that this was a ridiculously non-solution to the problem.

For north of $100/night (off season, as well), I'd expect a little better than this. The staff, while friendly, treated me like a distraction to watching TV or flirting with the crew that was in working on the fire alarm system (part of finishing up the renovations, I imagine).

Room Tip: Don't go for the hot-tub upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this facility that has been recently updated and renovated. I was there for work for an off hours stay. It was peaceful, comfortable and relaxing for my event. The staff was awesome especially Brandi and Chris. All of the requests I made were fulfilled. A very pleasant and restful stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I have passed your comments on to each department. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future.
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our boat trailer blew a tire in Georgetown, Delaware, on the way to North Carolina at 3:30 am. The entire town was closed, but we found the Comfort Inn on an internet search. The person who checked us in at the front desk was extremely warm and friendly, especially for 4 am. She gave us a discount because we were checking in so late, and we ended up paying $89/night. The rooms were very recently renovated, everything was extremely clean, and had a new look and fresh smell. Our room was large, king size bed, and it came with microwave/refrigerator. Bathroom was clean and new. We got a few hours’ sleep and went to the lobby for the continental breakfast. There were a great variety of foods to choose from, the tables and buffet areas were spotless – very nice surprise. If I had a need to stay in Georgetown again, I would choose the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! I have recited your comments to each department and they thank you as well, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!