“Week-end stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Dover
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
“Week-end stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great location with plenty to do in the area. Loretta who worked the front desk when we chwcked in was OUTSTANDING! She noticed that I paid an old rate when I made my reservations on line, and adjusted our rate to the newer one which was a few dollars lower. The only complaints we had we the room was upon entering there was a strong bleach smell. We went to Wal-Mart that night and bought a can of Febreze to lower the smell. Also this was a handicap room, however the bathroom should have had a few more hand help rails.

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early. Small area and food runs out.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was recently there for an overnight with my 3 children. The hotel had two comfortable beds, toiletries in the room and on demand. The pool was very small but at least there was one. There was plenty of parking. The staff was very nice and friendly. There was a continental breakfast in the morning in which my children enjoyed. This hotel is close to the Dover Mall, a college, and about a mile from the casino. There is a restaurant in front of the hotel ( but not connected). I also loved the proximity it was to my cousin's house, which is why I was in Dover. I will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Thru out several years my husband & I have been staying at this location whenever we are in the area. There are many other hotels/motels in the area, but this is our choice spot. The rate/rooms are very reasonable and the staff is good...but the drawing card for us is .....LORETTA!!!! She was one of the first staff members we met when we first stayed at this location (1654 Dupont Hwy ). We were so impressed with her!! She is kind,funny and most professional...works very well under pressure. Always quick-witted...calls my husband ..THE DUKE..(his name is Earl).We have met a lot of staff at a lot of various hotels....but "our Loretta" out ranks them all..we truly love her! Comfort Suites truly has a "precious jewel" on their staff....please appreciate her....my husband & I do (smile).....SEE YOU SOON LORETTA !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
comfortsuitesdover, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thanks Carol and Earl for your positive remarks, im glad to hear that you enjoy yourself with us. We look forward to keep serving your hospitality needs.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying for an overnight at the Dover Comfort Suites at 1654 N. Dupont Hwy., not only were we treated like we were special guests, but everything in the hotel was excellent starting with the service we received from the General Manager down to the maid service in the morning! The room was clean, we even received a welcome bag. The manager went out of his way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one, and all the staff were very friendly. The pool was clean and refreshing, and we thouroughly enjoyed the breakfast offered in the morning, all was fresh and very inviting. We will definitely stay there again, and will most definitely recommend this to all of our friends. It is most convenient to anyone traveling up that corridor, especially anyone going to the Dover Casino,, we loved it! Christopher McFarland , the General Manager was outstanding!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites to move my Daughter in her new College life, not only did they give excellent service they lived up to there name and provided comfort in my sadness, leaving my baby away from... this was hard but knowing there are such great folks in Dover made me feel better about our choice. The hotel GM Chris rocks the best ever!!!!! No matter where you go you can always find something wrong but this was a first cause I couldnt find anything wrong....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for choosing the comfort suites to stay during your visit. Im glad that we made your trip a little easier for you. Whenever you come to dover to visit your daughter remember we're just a phone call away, and let us know anyway we can help assist you.
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very large rooms, huge sitting area and separate bedroom which was very large. Open jacuzzi in the bedroom with sliders to the bathroom, small shower and separate "powder area". The room was old, rugs starting to come up on the edges. The shower had old soap and had not been clean, nor had the bathroom sink. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Levittown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for a football camp at Dover High School. The beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was great. The outdoor pool and fitness center were fantastic. Free parking. Great location. There is a Bob Evans connected to it for delicious food. Very clean. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!