“This place is home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Dover
SS
“This place is home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Book the suite and feel at home...Ms. Peggy that works the front desk in the evenings is a sweetheart. She has a welcoming smile and makes sure that you are comfortable and enjoying your stay. The fresh baked cookies are the best touch ever...if ever in town again this will be our choice selection...it was hard to get out of bed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover. We thank you for your comments regarding Ms. Peggy and the fresh baked cookies. We thank you for your recommendation and for staying with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover. We hope to see you during your future travel to Dover, Delaware.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had a very positive experience when staying at this hotel. I'd bid on priceline & got a great deal. It was about a block from the casino, so the location was absolutely perfect. The only thing that wasn't really a positive for me personally is that I have a disability. The place where breakfast is was very tight with tables and in a small room. Because there's such limited space between the tables, it was extremely difficult for me, well impossible really, to be able to take advantage of the breakfast provided by the hotel. Other than that, which was just a minor inconvenience, it was quiet, clean, the beds were very comfy. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly. Each time we went through the lobby, they always greeted us with a smile. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover. We apologize for our breakfast area being crowded; we will try to see if we can rearrange the tables and chairs for more aisle space in the breakfast area. We thank you for your comments regarding our hotel, our comfy beds, and our friendly staff. We thank you for your recommendation and for staying with us in your future travels to Dover, Delaware.
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel around this time last year (3/4/2011) and am looking at rates for a return visit. I am pleasantly surprised to find a very reasonable rate again this year. Better than most and definitely better than comparable hotel quality.The hotel staff are friendly, and eager to assist with anything I needed during my previous stay (7 days). I felt safe, comfortable, and was very relaxed during my visit while on vacation. I initially selected this location because it offered an indoor pool, and hot tub which are great this time of year. I have an advantage this time because I know every other wonderful attribute this hotel offers. I highly recommend this "homelike" hotel to anyone that wants more for their dollar.The rooms are a great size, and there are elevators available for those with handicaps. I cannot wait to get there this March, and soak in that hot tub. I hope this review helps the fellow traveler in their search for a fantastic place to stay. Have fun!

Room Tip: Search for their specials. They are currently offering 25% off for advance booking.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover in March 2011. We thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our homelike hotel, our staff, our indoor pool and hot tub, and our spacious rooms. We thank you for your recommendation and for staying with us again this year.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Just returned from a one night stay. We needed to be close to Wesley College and this hotel is right down the street from the college. Everything was perfect. The hotel is spotless. Front desk staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was good and included. We will be in Dover often over the next two years and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover. We thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel, our staff, and our breakfast. We thank you for your recommendation and hope to see you on your future travels to Dover, Delaware.
Laurel, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was traveling for a yet another conference and I didn't want to pay the ridiculous per night rate at Dover Downs (where the conference was being held). Even with the discount, it just wasn't worth it. So for about $50 cheaper, I booked a king size one bedroom suite at Country Inn & Suites.

Let me start by saying this, I was exhausted and not feeling well. After driving for 5 hours in Friday traffic, being welcomed by such a warm and pleasant hotel clerk felt wonderful. The check-in process was quick and painless and the room was immaculate. I wasn't expecting the suite to be as big as it was and it was pleasant surprise. The bathroom was a little small, but spotless. Their housekeeping staff knows how to really clean. Loved the fact that they had a fridge and microwave in the room. The bed was great. **Notice to the ladies who have dry hair...bring a satin pillow case because the cotton pillow cases will break your hair off.** It was a full hotel the weekend I was there, but the noise level was close to zero and I slept like a baby.

I could smell the breakfast before I got off the elevator in the morning. Everything was fresh and the area was kept clean. Big bonus for me...honey to go with my tea! The breakfast attendant was very thorough and serious about her job which I can appreciate since she's managing all of the food and making sure nothing was depleted.

Overall, I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. It is awesome and a great value. When visiting Dover, this will be the hotel I stay at from now on.

Room Tip: I don't think there is such a thing as a bad room. I was in room 315 which was right around the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
We thank you for taking a moment to write about your wonderful stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your kind words about our staff, our service, and our rooms. We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to your next visit with us!
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here for the third year in a row for NASCAR race at Dover. Peaches was at the front desk greeted us like we were old friends and made us feel very welcomed. She also worked on Saturday and is always smiling, busy helping travelers. I hope the management here knows what a jewel she is. The other staff is always very cordial and quick to help you if the need arises.

The rooms are large, clean, roomy, and quiet. The hotel was full and yet it was very quiet.

The bed linens were fresh and crisp and the towels/wash cloths appeared to be new and smelled great.

They have a great assortment of breakfast items on the breakfast bar. You couldn't ask for anything more.

This is the only hotel we will stay at when visiting in Dover. Thanks again staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
BJD1950, we thank you for staying with us during the 2011 September Nascar races and we glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover. We thank you for your comments regarding Peaches, our staff, our rooms, our linens, our breakfast, and your recommendation.
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The hotel was great. From the time we came, Peaches at the front desk was great! We had stayed at a pricer hotel in DC prior to coming here and wish we would have stayed at a Country Inn & Suites there. Love the free breakfast! The beds were very comfortable and the rooms large and clean. Free internet (not like the hotel we had in DC) Would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nick764, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover. We thank you for your comments and recommendations regarding our rooms, our breakfast, our services and Peaches. We thank you for staying with us at the Country Inn & Suites Dover.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dover? Share your experiences!