“Bad Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Dover
District Heights
“Bad Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arrived Feb. 16, 2013. Check in to a room which appeared okay. At approx. 2:00a.m. discovered bugs in the two(2) beds! Didn't contact front desk at that time(late). Next morning informed Paul front desk attendant that we wanted to move to another room when room became available. When asked an approx. time frame; Paul replied he could not give an approx. time frame! Ten to fifteen minutes later; Paul called and said a room would be available within fifteen min. in the third building. For the past five to six years staying at the Days Inn in Dover, Del. we have requested a room close to check-in/check-out because my wife is a handi-cap. I do not feel Paul went the "extra mile" in accommodating a handi-cap! The new room had "stained" sheets on both beds!

Room Tip: Before committing to a room; check out the sheets, blankets, towels, etc. for cleanliness!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gillette, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The rooms are a bit worn, especially the bathrooms and the AC/heat units. New flat screen TVs, but no HD channels, so that's also something that needs to be worked on. The staff is great, and the beds are very comfortable. Prices are good for Dover. If you're just looking for a decent place to stay, go ahead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CAMDEN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My stay was great, but apon check-in I came across a problem. I almost wasn't allowed to get my room because I'm not 21 years of age just yet. I'm only 20. May I remind you that this was my 3rd time getting a room here. I had already made my reservation, which means that my credit card had already been charged and they told me that my money could not be refunded. Good thing the person that was with me was over 21.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Wash DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have read other reviews and I have had no problrm the staff is so nice. Check in time is 3pm but one time we had to wait for a hour but they were nice enough to take my cell number and call and say the room was ready. I always stay there when I'm going to the casino. The breakfast is good and is offered at 6 to 10 and thats good knowing that check out is 11:00. Love the location all the restaurants and shopping on that street, also you can follow that street to harrington where you will find more stores, restaurants and another casino.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
FELTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

the service was quick. The guest attendants were very friendly and courteous. I have stayed here before and will continue to stay there when in Delaware.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Dover-Days Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!