“New hotel, Best breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adana, Adana, Turkey
“New hotel, Best breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is only a few years old. We stayed in a 2 room suite which was very large...wonderful for a large family. The breakfast was fabulous!! They had fresh waffles with as many toppings as possible! Great selection. Also had a nice pool and basketball court. The hotel is located about a block odd the main street...which is good for night/quiet. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The staff was very helpful from the beginning of my stay until until the last day. I Shared the room with 3 other people as my stay was Tues-Saturday morning. Toom was larger than expected . My daugher was disappointed becasue the indoor pool wasn't avalable until the last day of our stay. Only complaint was the Saturday Breakfast. The staff assigned seemed very slow and disinterested in preparing the food. Choices were limited.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed for just one night in a two bedroom suite. Our experience with the staff was minimal and they did not really make an impression...neither good or bad. The room was well-appointed and may have been the cleanest hotel room that I have ever visited. Love that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I booked a trip to this location and had to change the length of my stay because my work schedule changed. Instead of waiting to adjust the reservation, I called a month in advance to let them know so the hotel could free up those dates and book it for someone else. The hotel manager told me I could not stay in the room that I booked (two months in advance) unless I was honoring the original reservation. This is not listed anywhere in their reservation or cancellation policy. She was rude and unaccommodating, and completely discouraged me from ever booking with Marriott in the future. I tried to be considerate and was bullied.

Room Tip: don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stay at this location several times a year on business. It's a fantastic hotel and the staff is very accommodating. I stay almost exclusively with Marriott, so the Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn are my Dover favorites.

Room Tip: Get Marriott's Points!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

As a frequent Residence Inn patron, I am sad to say this hotel was a huge disappointment. The staff was incredibly rude. We barely ever got a smile or a hello from anyone working there. The pool area was dingy, there was a film on the water. Breakfast starts at 6:30 there but often it wasn't ready until 6:45 which was too late for me on my way out the door. It was hard to get help at the front desk, it was not always staffed. When this issues were brought up, I was told there wasn't enough money in the budget. This particular hotel has really tarnished Marriott's reputation.

I am currently at another RI property and the difference is night and day. So friendly and attentive here, overall a great hotel. This is what I believe the Residence Inn brand to be known for!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bourne, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have never been dissapointed with Marriot and Im still not! We got the 2 bed/bath room and shared with our brother and sister in law. It was spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable and we had a full kitchen. Great bonus, the price included daily breakfast and it was hot and surprisingly good. Price of this room was excellent! The few issues we had, kitchen only had 3 coffee cups, and we were short a towel were quickly resolved. Would definitely reccommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Dover? Share your experiences!