“The Marriott in Dover was a welcome retreat from work in Northern Delaware.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Residence Inn Dover

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in Dover
Wilmington, Delaware
“The Marriott in Dover was a welcome retreat from work in Northern Delaware.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott in Dover over the weekend for a quick trip. I had absolutely no issues with anything at this hotel. All of the staff were very professional. The room was clean, had a mini-fridge, a microwave, and was easy to keep at the desired temperature. The pool was pretty small but is heated and there is a tiny (maybe 4 person) hot tub. The fitness center has dumbells, treadmills with installed televisions, and at least one other machine. The "business center" in the lobby was like it is in most hotels-- a computer off in a separate corner. The breakfast was very good-- eggs, toast, bagels, coffee, juice, etc.

The hotel is very close to Dover Downs Casino, Dover International Speedway, many good restaurants and downtown Dover. There is a liquor store across the street (13).

Overall, this hotel was very relaxing. But I'd hate to see how it is packed on race weekend in Dover.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Joppa, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011 via mobile

Before coming here, I read nothing but good reviews about this place, but after getting here, different story. It first started with check-in. I paid for room upfront as per the marriot website, I get here and was asked for a CC for the file, so I gave her a different one. I asked if my room was paid for and was told that they do not charge until check out. If that was the case, why did I have to provide a CC ahead of time if it was not charged? Next, upon checking both beds in the room, hair was in both beds in the sheets. NASTY!!!! But to top it off, I called to request more sheets, and got sheets with hair in them too! Next morning, went to the breakfast area to only encounter a rude stafff member. My son has food allergies and I wanted to ask about how the oatmeal was prepared and she was answering my question with what she thought I was going to ask her. I like the setup of the hotel, but will give serious consider to coming here again. I'll probably go to HI

• Stayed April 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

This hotel was priced well for the amenities and location. I felt comfortable and safe. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Breakfast is included and pretty good. The only reason I didn't give it all 5s was because they asked us to downgrade our room from a one bedroom to studio to accommodate other guests with children. It was not a problem and the studio was all we needed, but they could have offered us a discounted rate for the inconvenience (they changed us to a studio rate, but didn't offer anything more). It was not a deal breaker but it was our anniversary and it would have been a little more romantic to have the room with the fireplace like we booked. At any rate, we will book another stay in a few weeks. Hopefully, we will get our fireplace then...

• Stayed April 2011
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

It is April 1, 2011 and I am traveling with 3 college friends who are 50+ in age and very selective about hotels. This Marriott Residence Inn has by far exceeded our expectations. The front desk staff was pleasant, yet professional. They have obviously corrected the behavior of the front desk staff as described in other Trip Advisor reviews. The lobby area is colorful and nicely appointed. Our two bed room/two bath, full kitchen suite is lovely. The rooms are clean as are the bathrooms. I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Dover on a couple of occasions and this hotel surpasses it. The only flaw is the room isn't sound proof. We hear some noises (doors closing, but not enough to spoil our trip) My next business trip to Dover, I will be staying here not the Hilton Garden and I am a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Framingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

we have stayed here twice over the years. and been happy with the place both times. Like the layout of the room. Having a kitchenetter (no oven).

bed is on the firmer side. could use a luggage rack or racks in the room.

would be nice if a place to hang coats by the door (hook on the wall).

AC/heat is quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. It was a nice hotel, liked having the efficiency room. Slept well and it was very well kept. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Southern New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed in a two bedroom suite for one night. Clean, fully equipped suite with lots of amenities. Just make sure you bring your own drinks...bought 3 sodas from the Market for $7.50...ouch! Staff was helpful with supplying menus for take out (too bad the Chinese place didn't have any 2 liter bottles of soda) and courteous and helpful at check-in and check-out. The kids loved the pool and the workout room was great. Yummy breakfast with lots of choices...the kids loved it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Residence Inn Dover? Share your experiences!