“Perfect choice for a cheap stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Dover

You added Super 8 Dover to your Saves list
Super 8 Dover
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   348 North Dupont Highway, Dover, DE 19901 (Formerly Lakeside Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Dover
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect choice for a cheap stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I wasn't expecting anything nice for the price that I paid ($65 a night). The room was average, and it was clean. We even had a microwave and a fridge in our room, and it worked. The bathroom was small, but relatively clean. However, our shower head was a little messed up. However, for the money that we paid, I was satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am a reasonable person, with moderate expectations, but this was the single worst hotel experience I have ever had. I booked the hotel for 3 nights during the 2012 Firefly festival. Where to start. Well, there was the ordeal of changing the primary name on the reservation. After talking to three people the manager was able to do it; however, when I arrived they tried to explain to me that the original name was not mine and even with a note on the reservation that we called and changed it, there was nothing they could do. Eventually relenting and letting me check in they then tried to refuse my credit card insisting on only being able the use the one the room was reserved on.

Well eventually I got into my room. Upon first inspection the room looked good, new TV, nice looking batheroom. Over the course of the weekend I realized that the toilet barely worked, only the light in the bathroom worked, the TV came in fuzzy, and the phone in the room did not work at all. The sheets and towels were stained and I have a strong suspicion that there were bed bugs. On top of this my room keys deactivated every night, even through I had been reassured that they would not. Subsequently,there is no way to enter the hotel lobby from the back of the hotel because of renovations meaning to get to the lobby you must get back into your car or walk down a dark alley to get your key reactivated.

On top of this, my room was never cleaned once during my stay! If I had any other choice (all the hotels were booked for the weekend because of the festival) I would have left after the first night. I seriously contemplated staying in my car.

I do not recommend this hotel at all, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Norther Central PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday, July 27, 2012. Price was fair, room was very clean, grounds were nice, continental breakfast was good and food was plentiful. If it wouldn't have been for the people above us who sounded like they were running a marathon at 3 in the morning (not managements fault), it would have been a perfect night. We heard no other noise. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was really expecting a terrible weekend because of how cheap it was (about $60 per night) and based on previous reviews, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff members were really helpful and didn't seem to hate their jobs, the rooms was basic but clean enough, and there were no bed bugs. You can hear a lot through the walls and there were some quirks with the AC and the shower, but nothing was that bad. For the money this place was definitely a good deal. If you are looking for a really nice, modern hotel, though, somewhere else may be a better option for you. I was in town for the Firefly music festival and wasn't in the room much. It was just nice to have a decent place to sleep at night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for the Firefly festival Jul 20-22. If you want Ritz Carlton service, go pay Ritz Carlton prices. For what we needed it was perfect. We were only in the room to sleep. it was clean and everything worked. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. The owner of the hotel was nice enough to drive us to the festival twice. Those who want to complain need to keep in mind the discounted price you are paying. Great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Maple Shade, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our one night at this roach motel was awful.
While the manager on duty was very pleasant, our room was less than satisfactory.
There was no remote for the TV. The water in the bathroom ran lukewarm in the shower and sink.
Two of our towels were a gross grey color.
We asked for a non-smoking room but clearly someone had been smoking in our room quite recently.
Worst of all, the people on either side of us decided to stand outside and talk very loudly until midnight. They screamed, yelled, slammed doors, and stomped back and forth for two hours
When we went to check out, there was no one available for over 15 minutes. We finally had to demagnetize our keys and toss them over the counter or we were going to be late for our race.

This roach motel is not worth the money.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Room was fairly plain, but very clean. Beds OK and Pillows OK, but no real blankets on bed just a thin bedspread. Thank goodness that the heater worked well. Clerk not helpful, but no problems checking in or out Breakfast was good

Room Tip: We stayed here in order to visit Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge which is 20 miles out. Had tr...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Dover? Share your experiences!