“Not Disappointed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Dover

You added Super 8 Dover to your Saves list
Super 8 Dover
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   348 North Dupont Highway, Dover, DE 19901 (Formerly Lakeside Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Norther Central PA
“Not Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday, July 27, 2012. Price was fair, room was very clean, grounds were nice, continental breakfast was good and food was plentiful. If it wouldn't have been for the people above us who sounded like they were running a marathon at 3 in the morning (not managements fault), it would have been a perfect night. We heard no other noise. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was really expecting a terrible weekend because of how cheap it was (about $60 per night) and based on previous reviews, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff members were really helpful and didn't seem to hate their jobs, the rooms was basic but clean enough, and there were no bed bugs. You can hear a lot through the walls and there were some quirks with the AC and the shower, but nothing was that bad. For the money this place was definitely a good deal. If you are looking for a really nice, modern hotel, though, somewhere else may be a better option for you. I was in town for the Firefly music festival and wasn't in the room much. It was just nice to have a decent place to sleep at night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for the Firefly festival Jul 20-22. If you want Ritz Carlton service, go pay Ritz Carlton prices. For what we needed it was perfect. We were only in the room to sleep. it was clean and everything worked. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. The owner of the hotel was nice enough to drive us to the festival twice. Those who want to complain need to keep in mind the discounted price you are paying. Great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Maple Shade, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our one night at this roach motel was awful.
While the manager on duty was very pleasant, our room was less than satisfactory.
There was no remote for the TV. The water in the bathroom ran lukewarm in the shower and sink.
Two of our towels were a gross grey color.
We asked for a non-smoking room but clearly someone had been smoking in our room quite recently.
Worst of all, the people on either side of us decided to stand outside and talk very loudly until midnight. They screamed, yelled, slammed doors, and stomped back and forth for two hours
When we went to check out, there was no one available for over 15 minutes. We finally had to demagnetize our keys and toss them over the counter or we were going to be late for our race.

This roach motel is not worth the money.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Room was fairly plain, but very clean. Beds OK and Pillows OK, but no real blankets on bed just a thin bedspread. Thank goodness that the heater worked well. Clerk not helpful, but no problems checking in or out Breakfast was good

Room Tip: We stayed here in order to visit Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge which is 20 miles out. Had tr...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

lets start with the rude indian up at the front desk i seen him on the phone with a customer and he just hung up on them. i made a complaint about the toilet in lobby which was covered with poop and i relised instead of it being cleaned an out of order sign was put up. days later the sign was still up and the toilet still wasnt clean. I was charged 60 plus tax for my room but my friend who is black was charged 75 plus tax. I got a nicer room and he got a run down room with a hole in the wall. it says you get a complimentary breakfast. they had stale cereal and stale danishes. and it says the breakfast dosent close until 10 on weekends it was about 930 and the rude indian was putting everything away. and theres plenty more to tell

Room Tip: i wouldnt stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
rome, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My family has sheep, and this year we traveled to Delaware for a sheep show. We are used to staying in mediocre places, so we aren't that picky. The stay was okay, the room was kind of dingy and smelled like smoke. It wasn't that pleasant of a place to stay, THEN we went to check out. I went and talked to the man at the counter and went through the checkout process. I asked him for my receipt ( that way i can take it off of my farm taxes), and he told me he couldn't give me one, because i went online and made my reservation. I DID IT OVER THE PHONE. This "SUPER 8" put my credit card information in a website and didn't tell me!! I have been trying to call, but they all tell me I made my reservation online! I DIDN'T!! THEY EVEN TRIED TO SAY I CALLED AND CANCELLED FOR ONE NIGHT, but now the "SUPER 8" is telling meI NEVER EVEN SHOWED FOR MY RESERVATION!! WHAT IS GOING ON?! They are all a bunch of liars who do whatever they want with your credit card information!!! DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Dover? Share your experiences!