“Super 8” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Dover

You added Super 8 Dover to your Saves list
Super 8 Dover
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   348 North Dupont Highway, Dover, DE 19901 (Formerly Lakeside Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Baltimore, Maryland
“Super 8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for the Firefly festival Jul 20-22. If you want Ritz Carlton service, go pay Ritz Carlton prices. For what we needed it was perfect. We were only in the room to sleep. it was clean and everything worked. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. The owner of the hotel was nice enough to drive us to the festival twice. Those who want to complain need to keep in mind the discounted price you are paying. Great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Maple Shade, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our one night at this roach motel was awful.
While the manager on duty was very pleasant, our room was less than satisfactory.
There was no remote for the TV. The water in the bathroom ran lukewarm in the shower and sink.
Two of our towels were a gross grey color.
We asked for a non-smoking room but clearly someone had been smoking in our room quite recently.
Worst of all, the people on either side of us decided to stand outside and talk very loudly until midnight. They screamed, yelled, slammed doors, and stomped back and forth for two hours
When we went to check out, there was no one available for over 15 minutes. We finally had to demagnetize our keys and toss them over the counter or we were going to be late for our race.

This roach motel is not worth the money.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Room was fairly plain, but very clean. Beds OK and Pillows OK, but no real blankets on bed just a thin bedspread. Thank goodness that the heater worked well. Clerk not helpful, but no problems checking in or out Breakfast was good

Room Tip: We stayed here in order to visit Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge which is 20 miles out. Had tr...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

lets start with the rude indian up at the front desk i seen him on the phone with a customer and he just hung up on them. i made a complaint about the toilet in lobby which was covered with poop and i relised instead of it being cleaned an out of order sign was put up. days later the sign was still up and the toilet still wasnt clean. I was charged 60 plus tax for my room but my friend who is black was charged 75 plus tax. I got a nicer room and he got a run down room with a hole in the wall. it says you get a complimentary breakfast. they had stale cereal and stale danishes. and it says the breakfast dosent close until 10 on weekends it was about 930 and the rude indian was putting everything away. and theres plenty more to tell

Room Tip: i wouldnt stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
rome, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My family has sheep, and this year we traveled to Delaware for a sheep show. We are used to staying in mediocre places, so we aren't that picky. The stay was okay, the room was kind of dingy and smelled like smoke. It wasn't that pleasant of a place to stay, THEN we went to check out. I went and talked to the man at the counter and went through the checkout process. I asked him for my receipt ( that way i can take it off of my farm taxes), and he told me he couldn't give me one, because i went online and made my reservation. I DID IT OVER THE PHONE. This "SUPER 8" put my credit card information in a website and didn't tell me!! I have been trying to call, but they all tell me I made my reservation online! I DIDN'T!! THEY EVEN TRIED TO SAY I CALLED AND CANCELLED FOR ONE NIGHT, but now the "SUPER 8" is telling meI NEVER EVEN SHOWED FOR MY RESERVATION!! WHAT IS GOING ON?! They are all a bunch of liars who do whatever they want with your credit card information!!! DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I booked a room here because the casino hotel was booked for the night. We figured we could stay at Super 8 one night and get a room at the casino for the next night. The lady the checked us in was very nice, we checked in at about 2:30 PM. We checked the room (THE BED), it looked ok. It was a little worn down but we really liked the size of the bathroom, so we figured it would be ok for one night. We'd traveled from Raleigh, NC, so we were a little tired. Figured we'd rest up before hitting the casino. While I was sleeping, my husband said he noticed that I was moving around and fidigiting a lot. He woke me up and asked if I was ok. I said yeah but it felt like something was bitting me. So we examined my back and shoulder. Bites and red marks! My husband searched the bed and pillows AGAIN. Bed Bugs! Ahhh! So they're not a myth! I took a picture of it for proof! Needless to say we CHECKED OUT! The manager didn't want to give me a refund, even tried to delete the picture from my phone. There's more to the story but I'm out of characters.....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Abington, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We decided on a last minute weekend getaway so booked here for the first time. The toilet was broken, the tub was broken, requiring maintenance to repair them during our short stay. I was concerned about the sanitation of the bedding when we arrived and unforunately my fears were confirmed when we had to aske for our room to be cleaned - twice. Wasn't worth aggravation- should have skipped the trip if we couldn't get at minimum 3 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Dover? Share your experiences!