“Remodeling? How about upgrading your beds?” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Lusby
“Remodeling? How about upgrading your beds?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Although every hotel I have stayed at over the past 2 decades has replaced their old beds with pillow tops and "extreme comfort" sets for the beds, this hotel has not. Most uncomfortable night I have had in a very long time. As soon as I sat on the bed, upon arrival, I said "OMG, these beds suck." The next morning my back was just...on fire. Before making your reservation, ask them if they have upgraded their beds. They are also renovating their lobby and the place was pretty torn up...hope they finish soon but I give them credit for updating the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask first if they have upgraded their beds. Mine sucked...like sleeping on your dining room table wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Ms. Bowles,
Thank you for responding on trip advisor for your stay at our property. We do value you as our guest and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
Please be advised that our bedding is the next item on our list to be refurbished and should be completed by April 1, 2013. I do hope that you will stay with us again.

Cindy Price-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff is great, and it is right across from the Mall, and a mile from Dover Downs. It was super clean, and comfortable, and the employee's were friendly and helpful. It was quiet as it was not busy at all, and it appears the are redoing the lobby and downstairs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest.
Please let me know if there is anything at all that we may do to make your next stay better.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Clean room, well equipped. Particularly good breakfast, helpful staff. Convenient stop on the way south to Florida and takes pets. Will be staying on the way north. Very quiet area back from the main road.

Room Tip: room 100 if you have a dog. Easy access to outside
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hubby and I stayed one night here because it was halfway during a long ride home. Stayed in a 3rd floor room in the front of the building. Quiet location. Staff friendly. Breakfast a-okay. Wonderfully comfortable mattress. Hats off to housekeeping--common areas and room were very clean. Why did I rate it only "average"? Two reasons. 1) Old style heater/AC unit was either on or off; no temperature control and very loud at that. We shut it off when we went to sleep, but I can't imagine what you'd do when you need AC. 2) Furniture in room was shabby and in sore need of TLC. For example, the ottoman was very stained; in order to rest my feet on it, I put a clean towel down on it first. In and of itself, old furniture wouldn't be a deal breaker, but coupled with the loud heat/AC unit, I'll take my money and stay elsewhere next time I'm in town, sorry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for our valued guests. Please be advised that we will be making improvements to our hotel in the near future. I am sorry to hear that the HVAC unit was not up to standards and I assure you that every effort will be made to correct this issue.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I also appreciated the friendly staff and typical Hampton Inn experience; however, I felt like the rooms smelled like sweat. My first room was unbearable. I have never had to ask for a room change before, but the smell of sweat was overwhelming. My next room had just a hint of smell (or maybe it was burnt into my sinuses from the first room) but it was fine. Based on the customer service and other's experiences I would give it another shot next time I'm in town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our Trip Advisor survey. I do see that you had an issue with the smell in the room. I assure you that my team and I have addressed this issue and I do apologize for any inconvenience. We do hope that you will visit with us in the future.
Cindy
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were evacuated for Hurricane Sandy I booked this Hampton Inn because we needed a room for ourselves and our two cats. Since they took pets and we needed to leave asap our home we booked without reading any reviews. After a long drive with two cats in tow we were greeted at the desk by friendly and courteous staff. They cleaned our room early so we could check in upon arrival an hour early. The room was clean, comfortable and updated and a good size. The breakfast was better than any other Hampton Inn we have stayed at, it was hot and plentiful.We have stayed in at least 29 other Hampton's and our breakfasts here was superior to the others. Also after a state of emergency was declared in Delaware no none was allowed to be on the roads, the staff provided guests with hot dogs hamburgers and snacks for dinner. The Hampton Inn in Dover in my opinion went over and above what is expected for service and hospitality, and I would stay there again with or without my pets while traveling. I will tell all my friends and family to stay there when in the Dover area. I cant thank them enough for providing us and our pets with refuge from a hurricane and making our evacuation less stressful for us and our pets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our trip advisor survey. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel. All of us here were very happy to accommodate you and your pets during hurricane Sandy and anytime that you visit with us. I am certainly glad that you were and are safe. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Churchton, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Hampton is behind the Sheraton so you don't have any street noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was more then adequate, with a frig, microwave a nice choosy chair with an ottoman, We were on the ground floor and this made our stay even more enjoyable. The hotel is only a mile from the casino, which we visited early in the evening before the crowds arrived.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip adviser review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest.

Cindy - GM