“It is very close to Dover Downs, super clean and comfortable, and a great value. I will stay there again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Dover

Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Dover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff is great, and it is right across from the Mall, and a mile from Dover Downs. It was super clean, and comfortable, and the employee's were friendly and helpful. It was quiet as it was not busy at all, and it appears the are redoing the lobby and downstairs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest.
Please let me know if there is anything at all that we may do to make your next stay better.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Clean room, well equipped. Particularly good breakfast, helpful staff. Convenient stop on the way south to Florida and takes pets. Will be staying on the way north. Very quiet area back from the main road.

Room Tip: room 100 if you have a dog. Easy access to outside
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hubby and I stayed one night here because it was halfway during a long ride home. Stayed in a 3rd floor room in the front of the building. Quiet location. Staff friendly. Breakfast a-okay. Wonderfully comfortable mattress. Hats off to housekeeping--common areas and room were very clean. Why did I rate it only "average"? Two reasons. 1) Old style heater/AC unit was either on or off; no temperature control and very loud at that. We shut it off when we went to sleep, but I can't imagine what you'd do when you need AC. 2) Furniture in room was shabby and in sore need of TLC. For example, the ottoman was very stained; in order to rest my feet on it, I put a clean towel down on it first. In and of itself, old furniture wouldn't be a deal breaker, but coupled with the loud heat/AC unit, I'll take my money and stay elsewhere next time I'm in town, sorry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for our valued guests. Please be advised that we will be making improvements to our hotel in the near future. I am sorry to hear that the HVAC unit was not up to standards and I assure you that every effort will be made to correct this issue.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I also appreciated the friendly staff and typical Hampton Inn experience; however, I felt like the rooms smelled like sweat. My first room was unbearable. I have never had to ask for a room change before, but the smell of sweat was overwhelming. My next room had just a hint of smell (or maybe it was burnt into my sinuses from the first room) but it was fine. Based on the customer service and other's experiences I would give it another shot next time I'm in town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our Trip Advisor survey. I do see that you had an issue with the smell in the room. I assure you that my team and I have addressed this issue and I do apologize for any inconvenience. We do hope that you will visit with us in the future.
Cindy
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were evacuated for Hurricane Sandy I booked this Hampton Inn because we needed a room for ourselves and our two cats. Since they took pets and we needed to leave asap our home we booked without reading any reviews. After a long drive with two cats in tow we were greeted at the desk by friendly and courteous staff. They cleaned our room early so we could check in upon arrival an hour early. The room was clean, comfortable and updated and a good size. The breakfast was better than any other Hampton Inn we have stayed at, it was hot and plentiful.We have stayed in at least 29 other Hampton's and our breakfasts here was superior to the others. Also after a state of emergency was declared in Delaware no none was allowed to be on the roads, the staff provided guests with hot dogs hamburgers and snacks for dinner. The Hampton Inn in Dover in my opinion went over and above what is expected for service and hospitality, and I would stay there again with or without my pets while traveling. I will tell all my friends and family to stay there when in the Dover area. I cant thank them enough for providing us and our pets with refuge from a hurricane and making our evacuation less stressful for us and our pets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our trip advisor survey. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel. All of us here were very happy to accommodate you and your pets during hurricane Sandy and anytime that you visit with us. I am certainly glad that you were and are safe. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Churchton, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Hampton is behind the Sheraton so you don't have any street noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was more then adequate, with a frig, microwave a nice choosy chair with an ottoman, We were on the ground floor and this made our stay even more enjoyable. The hotel is only a mile from the casino, which we visited early in the evening before the crowds arrived.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip adviser review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest.

Cindy - GM
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I checked into the Hampton Inn around midnight, after paying to stay at the Holiday Inn for 2 days but could not stay there due to smells. The clerk checked us into room 314 I checked out the room and found the bathtub to be very dirty on the bottom, it was almost black. I called the front desk and asked to be changed to a different room. I went down to the front desk to get the new room assignment but the clerk tells me, "it's just the matrerial used on the tub and I told him my tub at home has a similiar finish but my tub is not black. Anyway we were given keys to room 300 and of course I checked the tub first and it was clean as the other one should have been. The beds were very comfortable and the rest of my 2 night stay went very well. The hot breakfast was great the cookies were great I asked where is the orange or lemon water but the guy said we dont do that at every Hpt Inn. I will stay here again on my next trip. The AC unit was a little loud. I am rating the service average because the desk clerk straight lied to me about the bathtub.

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevator is very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
hamptondover, Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience during your stay. Please be advised that we were experiencing issues with the non skid tub coatings and I assure you that this has been addressed not only with the staff but also with the vendor and the problems are being corrected.
I do hope that you will visit us in the future.
Sincerely