“Ok stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Roanoke, Virginia
“Ok stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I also appreciated the friendly staff and typical Hampton Inn experience; however, I felt like the rooms smelled like sweat. My first room was unbearable. I have never had to ask for a room change before, but the smell of sweat was overwhelming. My next room had just a hint of smell (or maybe it was burnt into my sinuses from the first room) but it was fine. Based on the customer service and other's experiences I would give it another shot next time I'm in town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our Trip Advisor survey. I do see that you had an issue with the smell in the room. I assure you that my team and I have addressed this issue and I do apologize for any inconvenience. We do hope that you will visit with us in the future.
Cindy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were evacuated for Hurricane Sandy I booked this Hampton Inn because we needed a room for ourselves and our two cats. Since they took pets and we needed to leave asap our home we booked without reading any reviews. After a long drive with two cats in tow we were greeted at the desk by friendly and courteous staff. They cleaned our room early so we could check in upon arrival an hour early. The room was clean, comfortable and updated and a good size. The breakfast was better than any other Hampton Inn we have stayed at, it was hot and plentiful.We have stayed in at least 29 other Hampton's and our breakfasts here was superior to the others. Also after a state of emergency was declared in Delaware no none was allowed to be on the roads, the staff provided guests with hot dogs hamburgers and snacks for dinner. The Hampton Inn in Dover in my opinion went over and above what is expected for service and hospitality, and I would stay there again with or without my pets while traveling. I will tell all my friends and family to stay there when in the Dover area. I cant thank them enough for providing us and our pets with refuge from a hurricane and making our evacuation less stressful for us and our pets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our trip advisor survey. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel. All of us here were very happy to accommodate you and your pets during hurricane Sandy and anytime that you visit with us. I am certainly glad that you were and are safe. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Churchton, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Hampton is behind the Sheraton so you don't have any street noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was more then adequate, with a frig, microwave a nice choosy chair with an ottoman, We were on the ground floor and this made our stay even more enjoyable. The hotel is only a mile from the casino, which we visited early in the evening before the crowds arrived.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Please let me know if there is anything at all that we may do to make your next stay better.

Cindy - GM
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I checked into the Hampton Inn around midnight, after paying to stay at the Holiday Inn for 2 days but could not stay there due to smells. The clerk checked us into room 314 I checked out the room and found the bathtub to be very dirty on the bottom, it was almost black. I called the front desk and asked to be changed to a different room. I went down to the front desk to get the new room assignment but the clerk tells me, "it's just the matrerial used on the tub and I told him my tub at home has a similiar finish but my tub is not black. Anyway we were given keys to room 300 and of course I checked the tub first and it was clean as the other one should have been. The beds were very comfortable and the rest of my 2 night stay went very well. The hot breakfast was great the cookies were great I asked where is the orange or lemon water but the guy said we dont do that at every Hpt Inn. I will stay here again on my next trip. The AC unit was a little loud. I am rating the service average because the desk clerk straight lied to me about the bathtub.

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevator is very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hamptondover, Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience during your stay. Please be advised that we were experiencing issues with the non skid tub coatings and I assure you that this has been addressed not only with the staff but also with the vendor and the problems are being corrected.
I do hope that you will visit us in the future.
Sincerely
Cindy P. GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night when the hotel and area were unexpectedly crowded. I felt the rate was high but apparently it was justified. Our room was small but clean - and it was only for one night. Mattresses wer VERY firm and pillow quality was unusually bad for Hampton. Breakfast was decent but, as the hotel was crowded, it was hard to find seats or enough food! Staff was working hard to refill and clean -- just couldn't keep up. Would use again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your trip advisor response. I assure you that on very busy days such as this we do try to have proper staffing and I am very sorry that there was a problem during your stay. We will address any issues with our pillows. I do hope that you will visit with us again in the future.
Cindy-GM
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The property as a whole was nice, as Hampton Inns usually are. However, This was one of the worst attended breakfasts we have found. The Breakfast hours were 0600 - 0930 ( I believe) During this time I personally observed the attendant outside smoking three times. When we got to B-fast at 0830, The Waffle batter container was empty, the egg entre container was empty, the potato container was empty, the OJ dispenser was empty, the milk in the pitchers was room temperature. It took at least 30 mins for any of these items to be refilled.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip adviser review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. From your commentsI see that there is room for improvement and I assure you that my team and I will work hard to make necessary improvements. Please know that the breakfast issues have been addressed with my staff and I do apologize for any inconvenience.
Please let me know what we can do to make your next stay better.

Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before and it was a pleasant surprise. The Inn was very clean and comfortable. My room was very nice, especially the bathroom. The breakfast was great with several options. The staff was professional and courteous. I liked the fact that the comforters are cleaned after every visitor. I will definitely stay at a Hampton Inn in my future travels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Cindy-GM