“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Churchton, MD
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Hampton is behind the Sheraton so you don't have any street noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was more then adequate, with a frig, microwave a nice choosy chair with an ottoman, We were on the ground floor and this made our stay even more enjoyable. The hotel is only a mile from the casino, which we visited early in the evening before the crowds arrived.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Please let me know if there is anything at all that we may do to make your next stay better.

Thank you.
Cindy - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I checked into the Hampton Inn around midnight, after paying to stay at the Holiday Inn for 2 days but could not stay there due to smells. The clerk checked us into room 314 I checked out the room and found the bathtub to be very dirty on the bottom, it was almost black. I called the front desk and asked to be changed to a different room. I went down to the front desk to get the new room assignment but the clerk tells me, "it's just the matrerial used on the tub and I told him my tub at home has a similiar finish but my tub is not black. Anyway we were given keys to room 300 and of course I checked the tub first and it was clean as the other one should have been. The beds were very comfortable and the rest of my 2 night stay went very well. The hot breakfast was great the cookies were great I asked where is the orange or lemon water but the guy said we dont do that at every Hpt Inn. I will stay here again on my next trip. The AC unit was a little loud. I am rating the service average because the desk clerk straight lied to me about the bathtub.

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevator is very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hamptondover, Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience during your stay. Please be advised that we were experiencing issues with the non skid tub coatings and I assure you that this has been addressed not only with the staff but also with the vendor and the problems are being corrected.
I do hope that you will visit us in the future.
Sincerely
Cindy P. GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night when the hotel and area were unexpectedly crowded. I felt the rate was high but apparently it was justified. Our room was small but clean - and it was only for one night. Mattresses wer VERY firm and pillow quality was unusually bad for Hampton. Breakfast was decent but, as the hotel was crowded, it was hard to find seats or enough food! Staff was working hard to refill and clean -- just couldn't keep up. Would use again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Cindy P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your trip advisor response. I assure you that on very busy days such as this we do try to have proper staffing and I am very sorry that there was a problem during your stay. We will address any issues with our pillows. I do hope that you will visit with us again in the future.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The property as a whole was nice, as Hampton Inns usually are. However, This was one of the worst attended breakfasts we have found. The Breakfast hours were 0600 - 0930 ( I believe) During this time I personally observed the attendant outside smoking three times. When we got to B-fast at 0830, The Waffle batter container was empty, the egg entre container was empty, the potato container was empty, the OJ dispenser was empty, the milk in the pitchers was room temperature. It took at least 30 mins for any of these items to be refilled.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip adviser review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. From your commentsI see that there is room for improvement and I assure you that my team and I will work hard to make necessary improvements. Please know that the breakfast issues have been addressed with my staff and I do apologize for any inconvenience.
Please let me know what we can do to make your next stay better.

Thank you.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before and it was a pleasant surprise. The Inn was very clean and comfortable. My room was very nice, especially the bathroom. The breakfast was great with several options. The staff was professional and courteous. I liked the fact that the comforters are cleaned after every visitor. I will definitely stay at a Hampton Inn in my future travels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inns and other Hilton properties quite frequently when traveling on business. I stayed at this Hampton Inn as a stop on my way to a vacation destination. The room, front desk personnel, etc. is what you would expect from any other Hampton Inn, but I was disappointed with the breakfast. I admit the dining area was crowded with a number of families, but there were two hot breakfast stations that were empty that took a long time to refill, perhaps because only one woman seemed to be on duty. In any case, the hot offerings included only what appeared to be frozen egg and cheese omelets, sausage, french toast sticks and waffles. Not a huge deal since I used Hilton Honors points to "pay" for the room, but I expect more when staying at a Hampton Inn, and ended up getting breakfast on the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced with the breakfast and I assure you that this has been addressed with my staff.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stopped in Dover due to a storm. This hotel is located behind a Sheraton . I have never noticed it before. While searching the internet for a quick room..I found this. Wow what a find! Parking was great. Very clean reception area, very professional, friendly staff at the front desk. Check in was quick since I had called an hour before arrival. Room was very inviting and very clean. TV selections available were numerous and high speed internet was quick not bogged down like so many hotels we have been in. Location was great...near the mall and interstate. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and the selection was VERY impressive. Choices included scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast stiscks,make your own waffles, bowl of fruit, hot oatmeal, boiled eggs, variety of cereals, pastries, bagels, teas, coffees and juices. We didn't come down for breakfast until 9:45 and everything was still available. Pool is outdoor pool and this I see as a drawback but not enough to keep me from returning. Will definitely put this on our return list if we are in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor response. It is our goal to make your stay 100% satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you in the future.