“Beyond expectation !” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dover
“Beyond expectation !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family in this Holiday Inn while on the way to Rehoboth Beach this past summer. The customer service was amazing and efficient. Everything ran quick and smooth. The room was great, mainly because the beds were amazing ! I have never slept so well in my life. I actually didn't want to wake up and go continue my vacation !

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

On May 12, 2013 my wife and I stayed at facility. Being a truck driver I asked about parking the rig and was given specific instruction as where to park and verified by the front desk staff. Some time early in the a.m. my rig was towed. Holiday Inn will do nothing about the 900.00 total to release my truck. I was told by Holiday Inn they are not responsible for parking even though it was their instructions. Beware of this facility and their lack of any responsibilty for your safety. I have read of scams being perpetrated this way but can't prove they are involved yet.

Stayed May 2013
Smithtown, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family of five hav stayed in holiday inn express before. This hotel on north DuPont hwy looked beautiful online. When we entered it was pretty but the hallways of the hotel were not air conditioned. Our room was set at65 but it didn't feel like that. To top it off I found an already been chewed up dog toy on the floor and dust on the lamp base. S the next morn inning I asked for a manager and told her what happened and showed her the dog toy. Se never said sorry and she said they hav to turn on the air conditioners in the hall way , she was full of it. She offered for us to change rooms but with kids who wants to do that. The next day the halls were still hot so I went downstairs and that woman said the maintenance hav left and they hav to replace the units. It's was just more [--] and lip service. And they never cleaned the base of the lamp. I was disappointed for the money we spent to get such gross results.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dover, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Maryann P,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We aim to create memorable guest experiences but it is unfortunate that we were not able to deliver based on your expectations on this visit. I apologize that the temperature levels were a dissatisfaction and if the maintenance in your room was sub standard. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We typically try to stay at 4 star and better hotels, but we are surprised at how clean and up to date the rooms here are. Without even asking, the front desk person upgraded us from 2 Queen beds to a 1 King Suite consisting of a separate sitting area, 2 flat screen tvs, desktop working area, and a small kitchen area. The location is conveniently located to most anything you would like to do in Dover. This hotel will definitely be on our list the next time we the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the 1 King Suite if it's available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was great! Upon check-in, I noticed that for security purposes you had to have a key card to enter the door which gave me peace of mind knowing that just anybody could not walk in there. The lobby was beautiful! Everything was up-to-date. The receptionist at check-in as well as checkout did a great job and were very friendly. When we checked in, the receptionist asked if we needed a late checkout since we got there very late. I found that to be very courteous! The computers for the guests looked brand new, and I believe they were touch screen which impressed me. Breakfast was awesome. Everything was very clean. The view from the room was nice. It was certainly the best night's sleep I have had in a long time. Internet speed was up to par. Did not have any issues there. My only pet peeve was that when we got off the elevator, it was very warm as if the air conditioning in that hallway wasn't working. Overall, one of my favorites. I will be returning again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hartford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I nice HI Express set back off the road for a quiet stay. All the usual Holiday Inn Express amenities and a friendly staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Close to Dover Downs, shopping and many restaurants. Not too far off the highway either. The price is usually good and a AAA discount helps. i recommend this hotel as a great value when staying in Dover.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel is mostly okay and the price was right, but our room was very humid/damp. My daughter's suitcase was near the air conditioner and by the morning, it and the carpet all around it was soaking wet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dover, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear SoccerMom723,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the condition of the room. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Dover.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dover? Share your experiences!