“Has Gone Downhill” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Has Gone Downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to Frankie's for a nice birthday dinner, we had been here before and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere (even though the server's outfits are douchey). Our first sign should have been that the server told us the bottle of wine we ordered would not provide four drinks, and suggested we get two, we did. She was not able to open our bottle due to her age, all fine. As we were drinking our wine we overheard the server discussing the desert, she said that she was uncomfortable preparing the mousse in a takeout container, because it would look like "poop" (da da ding, this should have been a sign). As she brought out our salad bowls, I noticed there was baked on residue and requested another. We ordered veal marsala, we were served chicken in what can only be described as a canned mushroom sweet sauce. We let her know that the entree was wrong and that we didn't care for the sauce anyhow and changed the order. The food overall was less than desirable, the manager came out to apologized for the mistake and gave us a 10% discount. We thought all of the problems were solved for the evening until we received the check, the wine and the meal were the wrong items. She was visibly angry that we pointed out another issue. Overall, we will never be returning to Frankies!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Suffolk, Virginia
“From an Italian with Great Cooks in his Family - Fanststic Meal!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

When you think restaurant in a Casino you may think how good could it be. The answer is exceptionally good. Had dinner with five family members and we ordered a ton of food and it blew us away. Started with our appetizer course with Broccoli Rabi, Sweet roasted peppers, a plate of coppacola, Prosciutto and olives, sautéed escarole and bread. Unbelievably good.
Then two wood fired pizzas that were as perfect as they were simple. We also shared several entrees of penne ala vodka (with some pancetta...awesome touch), spaghetti and shrimp and an absolutely amazing linguini with red clam sauce. An extraordinary meal. I'm not sure who was cooking on Saturday night July, 20th,, but man can that person cook. My 73 year old Italian mother was beside herself.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went in on one of the visits to the casino and I have been back several times, love the bread and oil you get before the meal. I have had several items but the pasta sauce is the best. The price is righ and the food is great..

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Go, Eat, Enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had dinner at Frankie's with a business client. Good food, good service, friendly staff. Will repeat on my next trip to Dover Downs.

Visited May 2012
Dover, Delaware
“Close to home & frequent diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Wow, Frankie's really has mixed reviews, eh?! Personally, I'm a fan of Frankie's. I go by myself (like tonight), with the family, or with my audit buddies. I love the atmosphere and the food. I enjoyed some great conversation with a young blonde hostess who I unfortunately didn't get her name. She was great greeting the customers.

Tonight was no different than my other visits. I like to sit "out" on their patio. The patio is in front of the restaurant but the restaurant is inside the Dover Downs Casino Collonade section. It allows you to people watch. The inside of the restaurant is comfortable too.

Tonight started with a glass of Reissling wine suggested by my young and cute server Caitlyn. I ordered the mozzarella caprese (slices of tomato topped with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, lightly drizzled with a sweet olive oil). Next came my favorite...Penne ala Vodka. It comes in a huge bowl topped with a pink tomato sauce. This is NOT jar sauce like at home. It's a sweet but light flavor.

Dessert tonight (you can't pass on dessert) was a generous slice of Tarimisou cake. It wasn't the Tarimisou like I'm used to in most Italian restaurants however this was tasty. I would've preferred a cannoli but... A second glass of wine finished off the night quite well.

My only issue was the long delay in waiting for the server. My check was brought to me without dessert being asked. I ordered the dessert and then had to wait for the final check. She realized the long delay and apologized. If I wasn't reading a book on my iPad I would've been annoyed but it all worked out. This is a place to enjoy a glass of wine, a good meal, and great music (Frank Sinatra). Take your Ike and enjoy...