“fun place a good food” 4 of 5 stars

800 North State Street, Dover, DE 19901
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 171 restaurants in Dover
Cross street: King
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“fun place a good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visitied McGlynn's Pub in Dover while visiting our daughter. We actually have been there twice, once in the dining room area and once at the bar. Food was good on both occasions and they have a very nice selection-soups/salads/burger/sandwiches/appetizers/entrees/pasta, etc.
We had more fun at the bar since it was a bit more lively and there was a really nice crowd there and the ages were mixed.
I recommend a visit!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Smyrna
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is the place to go on a Thursday evening for the all you can eat shrimp. The wait staff :Eddie" was the best. Never did Eddie allow our plates to go empty. Ask for the dinning room because the Bar area is really LOUD

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dover, Delaware
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My companion and I went to McGlynns for my birthday dinner. We wanted the Prime Rib, but it was gone early that evening. We both ordered the Rib Eye. We each had the Baked Potato, Green Beans and a salad; and I had a coffee with my dinner. Both dinners were prepared perfectly. No kidding, this was one of the best steak dinners ever in our dinning experience. Nicely presented, good proportions, prepared as we ordered and a great atmosphere. The food was only surpassed by the outstanding service. Would we return. Yes. I want to try the Prime Rib. Would I recommend to my friends and family. Yes.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
delaware
“I LOVE THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love this place. So far i have only gotten appetizers but they were fantastic!!! They have specials for half price all day on monday which makes it even better. View is fantiastic. You get free popcorn. I have never been to the bar so don't knwo anything about that or how dinner is but lunch time is great. I cant complain about anything.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna
“Shrimp night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Wow what a great time on Thursday evening. We always ask for the very best waiter, Eddie who never fails to bring drinks and more shrimp before we ask. The noise in the bar area it to much to have a good meal with friends, u will leave with a headache sitting there. The dinning room is very nice.

Visited December 2012