“Food good, service was so so” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 175 Restaurants in Dover
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Central NY
“Food good, service was so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's a Sonic, you can't beat the food. Tasty stuff. When we first walked up to an "order board" we waited, and waited for someone to take our order. Finally, a waitress told us that this board was broken and there was a sign on it. No thanks to customers who were sitting there watching this unfold. So she took our order "manually" ... food took a bit to come out but it was hot and fresh. As we were eating we watched as more customers were trying to use same broken order station. I was nice enough to give them a "heads up" that that board wasn't working. Why on earth couldn't an employee make a quick note and tape it to the thing!!! Two seconds and people would no longer be frustrated and scratching their head.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Fast easy drive through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This store in the chain is quick and clean. They got my order right and it was really hot! The wait wasn't too long.

I've "eaten in" before and the wait can be longer than the drive through.

Visited September 2012
Delaware
1,256 helpful votes 1,256 helpful votes
“It's been a while, but we were sadly Disappointed AGAIN!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Been to this location before a while back. It can be a crap shoot. Sometimes they get your order right, most times they don't. I have also been overcharged on more than one occasion, especially when trying to use coupons. However, I was in town the other day & had a coupon for my FREE birthday Cream Slush. So, I decided to give them another try since it had been a while. How hard can a FREE creamslush be, right?

We pulled in around 3:15pm & pushed the call button for help. It probably took 5 minutes to get waited on due to the back up. They were BUSY. So, we ordered 2 sonic cheeseburgers ($3.49 each) since I had a coupon for a "buy one get one free". We ordered one PLAIN & one with pickles, ketchup & tomato. We also ordered my FREE birthday cream slush ($1.64). The employee informed us that our total was $5.13. This was not right since I should only be paying for one burger--at $3.49. We questioned this with our carhop who in turn discussed it with his manager. The carhop was told to inform us that the discount was already taken off. This was NOT correct. ALSO NOT CORRECT, was our order. We ended up with one PLAIN cheeseburger and one with tomatoes and ketchup (NO PICKLES). We informed the carhop of this error, but that was ignored. The carhop did offer us a FREE soda since his manger did not want to refund us the amount due to us. We refused his offer since we did not want a soda. We just wanted to be charged the correct amount & receive our food as ordered.

Upon reviewing the receipt, we were charged for 2 sonic cheeseburgers, one small slush and one small creamslush. They deducted one cheeseburger & one regular slush (which we did NOT order or RECEIVE). It appears this manager does not like honoring coupons/promotions & inturn adds frivolous charges to patrons bills. This is NOT the 1st time we have had this issue here.

Overall, management is terrible. The burger was just OK---might have been better IF it were delivered to me as ordered. The creamslushes here are GOOD. That is the only perk to this sonic, other than their prime location. However, it can get BUSY and have long lines during peak hours. Prices would be reasonable, IF you were not charged for items you did NOT receive. Bottom line---I would NOT recommend this location.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dover, Delaware
“Don't go here. They have the worst service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went to the North Dover location a total of 6 times and the only good review is the only time I went there for breakfast and got a breakfast burrito.
No joke, the first 5 times I went there our order was wrong. I'm not picky. I don't ask for anything out of the ordinary. one time, my wife asked for mayo on her burger and got ketchup and mustard. Another time, they put the mayo on as asked, but forgot to put the BURGER on the hamburger! How do you forget the BURGER?!?
We ordered two milk shakes, mine was chocolate (I can't remember the other). When we got them, they both looked like vanilla. I asked the server which was which, they couldn't tell me. They never mixed them. I got a mouth full of chocolate goo with my first sip and plain vanilla ice cream when I took the straw off the bottom.
I had great service and delicious food at the Sonic on Rt. 10 near Dover AFB, but they closed that one down. I think they closed the wrong one. This place is the worst!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, DE
“Lunch on day when you want something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I cheat sometimes on my diet. This is a great place to enjoy a hot dog and tater tots. The hot dogs are great however my favorite is a b l t

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Sonic Drive-In? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sonic Drive-In, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.