“Great Find!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Takeout
Hampton, NH
“Great Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The desk clerk at the hotel where we stayed "on the way" told us about this place. He said everyone he sent there gave it great reviews. It sure doesn't look like much from the outside, but we had a great meal there. The waiter was very attentive (if somewhat unknowledgeable about Gluten-Free). One meal was fresh grilled scallops with sweet potatoes; the other a salmon with roasted, rosemary'd potatoes. Both had a side of fresh pineapple. When the tab came, we were somewhat incredulous - with 3 glasses of wine between us, a salad each and freshly grilled seafood - the tab (before tip) was less than $50. We'll stop here again on the way back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winchester, Virginia
“Great fresh fish at Shucker's Pier 13”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

On advice from out hotel front desk we tried Shucker's Pier 13 in Dover, Delaware. The building does not cry out fine dining but the food makes up for it. They have lots of choices on the heavily fish-based menu and we saw lots of people around us ordering fried fish meals. They began the experience with an appetizer sized taste of the catch of the day along with several tasty dips. We went for the grilled fresh catch of the day which was haddock and were extremely pleased with the taste and freshness. The wait staff was very helpful and pleasant. Great find for fresh grilled or broiled fish.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vevey, Switzerland
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stopped here because it is listed in the AAA tour book. The food was OK, no more. Fried scallops came without any sauce, until I asked for it. When I paid with a $20 bill for a $14.50 meal, the dour waitress asked if I wanted the change. I took that as an attempted ripoff, due to my old age and poor English. Altogether a bad impression.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“Nice little stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were staying in Dover for the night and decided to stop here for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised. Service was a little slow but the wait staff was very friendly. I had the shrimp and scallops skewers, very tasty. The prices were fine. We didn't find them too expensive. If we're in the area again we would go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury
“Not Impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

On our way home from PA we were looking for a place to eat at in Dover and found Shucker's. We were seated and our waitress was not overly helpful: took her time to get our drink order and didn't tell us specials until after we had decided. We waited a long time for our food and notice people leave because they were being forced to wait when there were plenty of tables open. The staff had poor communication. The food was not any better. I ordered rockfish. It was over cooked and had a very pungent fishy taste. I had to spit it out in my napkin. The waitress took it back after I told her so and asked if it was just too blackened. I could not even taste the blacken seasoning. Prices were high too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Shucker's Pier 13? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Shucker's Pier 13, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.