“Awful!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Dover, Delaware
“Awful!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant is a waste of money. The food was absolutely gross. My husband and I went there for dinner and we were so disappointed. The waitress took over 10 minute before she even came over to greet us and the restaurant was not busy. I wish we had left then. The portions were small (8 pieces of ravioli for $14.95). The food was extremely bland...no flavor whatsoever! We paid $8 for a slice of carrot cake that was not very good. Neither of us finished our meals. The waitress asked us to let her throw them out instead of us taking them home and throwing them out. Never again will we go there. I felt horrible to taking husband there. That dinning experience ruined our night. We expressed our dissatisfaction to the waitress then left. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE GO THERE.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Wow! It's not a bar--it is family-restaurant style seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I had never tried this restaurant because we always thought it was a bar. When I got a coupon we decided to try it out and were pleasantly surprised. The menu is extensive and the service excellent. It is less expensive than the local chain and, while it doesn't pretend to be as fancy, we thought the food was of similar quality. Overall, a local seafood place we will definitely visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North New Jersey
“A ruined birthday surprise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place has gone down hill. We were visiting the area and staying at Dover Downs. I had a certificate from Restaurant.com and read great reviews. We get there and the place is dark, dank and empty. We should have run then. We ordered the skewered jumbo shrimp at $18 a plate and get 5 medium size dried up over spiced shrimp on a stick. My husband ate one and said don't eat this, it's obviously been frozen and it tastes old. So we send it back and get the ravioli. They come out on a weird long glass plate with a purple flower and stale parm cheese. The cheese was hard and dried up. To top it off the plate came with a little cup of caned pineapple and a half strawberry (weird). We were starving so it anyway but were very sick the next day. The locals we later spoke to said the place has been bad for a long time. Don't believe the fake reviews. The food is awful.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
upstate NY
“Great after a day of Travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by the clerk in the hotel we stayed at. We were told it was reasonable and very good if you liked fish, and that the New England clam chowder was delicious.
What impressed me the most was the "sample" of pan-fried cod we were given to taste. It was so good that we both ordered it!!! The menu is extensive---had everything a fish lover would like. The chowder was very good---lived up to the hype, and we also could choose a side from a rather extensive list. I had the collard greens---can't get good ones too often from where I come from, and they were good. The decor was comfortable and we were pleased with the overall experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LEWES
“Beware of the Burger”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I were shopping in Dover today and decided to try Shucker's for lunch. The online menu looked great, reasonable prices and a nice selection. As soon as we walked in we questioned our decision. There was a perfumey smell which tells me they're trying to disguise another odor, the inside was outdated and the windows looked like they hadn't been washed in years. Our server was pleasant, we placed our orders -- a tuna croissant sandwich for my husband and a medium rare Angus burger for me. The service was slow although there were only 4 other people in there and when the burger came I couldn't wait to bite into it, It looked perfect on the outside but when I cut it in half it was slightly above raw -- unedible and not healthy. Our server came over and apologized and returned it to the kitchen. It came back in a few minutes, still cut in half so it was recooked rather than replaced. When I bit into it, it tasted like it had been microwaved, had no flavor and was dry. Our server came back to check and said the cook had put it back on the grill, apologized again but never offered me another choice. She took it off the bill but it was too little too late. I would have had a better burger at McDonald's or Appleby's which were on either side of Shucker's. We will never go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Shucker's Pier 13? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Shucker's Pier 13, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.