“Don't even think about it!” 1 of 5 stars

Sea Esta Motels IV
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20902 Coastal Highway, Dewey Beach, DE DE 19971   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“Don't even think about it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the worst place I ever stayed. The toilet was filthy, there was hair in the sink, the rug hadn't been vacuumed, there was a lot of dust on the refrigerator and it needed to be defrosted. The microwave did not work, there was no chain lock, no Do Not Disturb sign, no hangers, only one hand towel and a very stained lamp shade. There was no mattress cover and no pillow protectors. There was black mold inside the air conditioner. The shower was very clogged. The bedspreads had blood stains and cigarette burns.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

No frills, but a very convenient spot to stay for a quick beach trip. Just a few minutes' drive from the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk and even closer to Dewey. And it's one of the few places that allow dogs if you want to bring your pup along to the beach. The wifi wasn't working when we were there, but that wasn't a problem since we were mostly at the beach.

Central Valley, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The only good thing about this place is . . . . . . pet fee is only $10 per night per pup AND all the free ice you want. We arrived 8/24/14 to find the room looked exactly like in the photo - that exact same polyester cover on all the beds. There is NO WIFI. They give you a sign on code to connect but I could not get a connection. Housekeeping does a lot of walking and talking but didn't find our room until the third day we were there. All they did was make the bed (DID NOT CHANGE THE LINENS) and empty the garbage and refresh the towels. I had to go to the office for toilet paper on day two because they won't leave an extra roll around. There was not one hook in the room or bathroom and the towel bar fell off the wall. Good luck trying to dry out your towels or swim suit. Staff was a bit rude, not terribly, but certainly could use a course in hospitality.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. IF you must stay here, call the large hotel across the street for their wifi pa...
Grantham, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was a very good value for the amount we paid to be so close to the beach in the middle of August. It is clear that this is not the most modern hotel but the room was clean and comfortable. What really pleased me is that I accidentally forgot something in the room and the staff was nice enough to be concerned and track the item down for me and mail it. The staff was very friendly and help during out stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I are most of the time broke and always have to stay in budget hotels. Most of them are pretty awful and dark and dingy and being that I have a pretty nasty germ fear I am terribly uncomfortable and anxious in a lot of them. I was honestly expecting that with this hotel too, but I was very pleasantly surprised with how cleanly the entire place was! No weird marks on the bed or towels and not even a hint of sand leftover from whoever stayed in the room before us. We were able to check in right at 3pm on the dot and whoever the lady was that checked us in (wish I had her name) was extremely personable and up beat. The air conditioner didn't cool down the whole room, but if you slept on the bed next to it then it was plenty cool. The door was hard to unlock as well, but all in all I would go back to this motel every time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am not a person who needs a fancy hotel room to have a good time. I can sleep through pretty much anything, so a hotel on a busy street is never a problem for me. With that said, the Sea Esta Motel IV is a disappointment. For those of you who paid more, I am deeply sorry.

Pros: 1. Location. 2. Pet friendly without associated smells, 3. Front desk staff was nice.4. We paid $100 a night and I'm okay with that because we were there in high season.

Cons: 1. Bloody sheet on Mom's bed (it had been laundered and the stain had set, but....ewww...) 2. We had to ask for toilet paper after the room was cleaned.The second time we gave up and bought our own.
3.The one time the cleaning person acknowledged the service sign, my mother was in the room and he was rude to her. She told him never mind.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Beltsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Honestly, I know I have high standards for hotels. That said, the room was overall clean. But the sheets and blankets were uncomfortable. The air conditioner was not effective or not working properly. WAY overpriced for what you get. Close to the beach, but still have to drive. Paid less to stay down the street at another 2 star that was way, way nicer (See Americinn, Lewes DE).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Esta Motels IV? Share your experiences!