“DISAPPOINTING” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Dewey Beach
Central Valley, New York
“DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The only good thing about this place is . . . . . . pet fee is only $10 per night per pup AND all the free ice you want. We arrived 8/24/14 to find the room looked exactly like in the photo - that exact same polyester cover on all the beds. There is NO WIFI. They give you a sign on code to connect but I could not get a connection. Housekeeping does a lot of walking and talking but didn't find our room until the third day we were there. All they did was make the bed (DID NOT CHANGE THE LINENS) and empty the garbage and refresh the towels. I had to go to the office for toilet paper on day two because they won't leave an extra roll around. There was not one hook in the room or bathroom and the towel bar fell off the wall. Good luck trying to dry out your towels or swim suit. Staff was a bit rude, not terribly, but certainly could use a course in hospitality.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. IF you must stay here, call the large hotel across the street for their wifi pa...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Grantham, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was a very good value for the amount we paid to be so close to the beach in the middle of August. It is clear that this is not the most modern hotel but the room was clean and comfortable. What really pleased me is that I accidentally forgot something in the room and the staff was nice enough to be concerned and track the item down for me and mail it. The staff was very friendly and help during out stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I are most of the time broke and always have to stay in budget hotels. Most of them are pretty awful and dark and dingy and being that I have a pretty nasty germ fear I am terribly uncomfortable and anxious in a lot of them. I was honestly expecting that with this hotel too, but I was very pleasantly surprised with how cleanly the entire place was! No weird marks on the bed or towels and not even a hint of sand leftover from whoever stayed in the room before us. We were able to check in right at 3pm on the dot and whoever the lady was that checked us in (wish I had her name) was extremely personable and up beat. The air conditioner didn't cool down the whole room, but if you slept on the bed next to it then it was plenty cool. The door was hard to unlock as well, but all in all I would go back to this motel every time.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am not a person who needs a fancy hotel room to have a good time. I can sleep through pretty much anything, so a hotel on a busy street is never a problem for me. With that said, the Sea Esta Motel IV is a disappointment. For those of you who paid more, I am deeply sorry.

Pros: 1. Location. 2. Pet friendly without associated smells, 3. Front desk staff was nice.4. We paid $100 a night and I'm okay with that because we were there in high season.

Cons: 1. Bloody sheet on Mom's bed (it had been laundered and the stain had set, but....ewww...) 2. We had to ask for toilet paper after the room was cleaned.The second time we gave up and bought our own.
3.The one time the cleaning person acknowledged the service sign, my mother was in the room and he was rude to her. She told him never mind.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Beltsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Honestly, I know I have high standards for hotels. That said, the room was overall clean. But the sheets and blankets were uncomfortable. The air conditioner was not effective or not working properly. WAY overpriced for what you get. Close to the beach, but still have to drive. Paid less to stay down the street at another 2 star that was way, way nicer (See Americinn, Lewes DE).

Williston Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Way overpriced! I called ahead and rented 4 rooms for 16 people, I was informed it was $209 per night. They failed to tell me that it was an extra $15 per person per room for every room that had more than 2 people. They also failed to inform me that they only give 1 parking pass (which are a sheet of paper I could've photo copied) per room. I had 15 friends coming from many different states, so it was quite an inconvenience. At check in I told her a total of 10 cars were coming and RANDY, the check in lady, never mentioned it would be a problem until it was night and more friends were arriving.

Floors were dirty, AC was mediocre, shower made a screeching noise (I felt like I was in the movie Psycho when I showered).

I wouldn't recommend staying here, nor would I recommend dealing with Randy. She's difficult and rude. I am 25 years old and she spoke to me similarly to how my 2nd grade teacher spoke to me when I got in trouble.

I rather camp out in my car than spend another night at this gross motel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I would like to apologize for how you were treated while you stayed with us. Even though what she told you was correct, there should have been a better way to present it to you. As you can appreciate I am sure, there is very limited parking anywhere near the beach. So that is why we tell our guests when they book that each room only comes with 1 spot guaranteed. That is also why we register each car at check in. We also like most other properties quote rooms based on double occupancy. Unless we are told there are more people in the room we would have no idea to have quoted you the additional fees up front when you made the reservation. Had you told us how many people would be in each room we could have pre-set the rooms for you and made the check in a bit quicker and faster.
We do take our guest comfort to heart and want everyone to have the best possible experience they can while staying at the property. Once again I do apologize for your treatment at the property.
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overpriced at $100 a night. Carpet was dirty, sink had cracks, front door had indentation where looked like it was punched, paint scraped off, and Wireless internet did not work on second floor. Walking into the dirty, graffiti elevator and getting off to our floor with gum on the ground. I could not imagine spending $100 for this dump. Hotwire lead us to believe that we were getting a room half off, value at $200. When we entered the hotel people checked in and paid the rack rate slightly less than we did. We felt deceived for this was not as advertised. Who scouts out these places and what a creative imagination to describe it. And, location is on a very busy street.
On the positive, air conditioner worked fine and bed was comfortable. Yuck.

Room Tip: Run run run. Look elsewhere but if this is the only hotel in town, check out your room first. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. While we are not a new property by any extent we also never represented that we were. We pride ourselves though on being an affordable place for people to stay close to the beach. We did also in March replace all the carpeting in the property as well as repainted all the walls of the property.
I cannot tell you what they did on Hot wire, but if you call us directly we will never deceive you and give you the best rates.
Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and hope you would give us another chance.

Been to Sea Esta Motels IV? Share your experiences!