“CLEANEST HOTEL AT BEACH” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Esta Motels IV
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1409 Highway One, Dewey Beach, DE DE 19971   |
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Dewey Beach
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“CLEANEST HOTEL AT BEACH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

we stayed in rm 250 which was very clean comfortable. staff went above and beyond my expectations,as Brandon at front desk arranged for a much needed truck rental in order to return to my home in va for the holidays...his efforts allowed me to focus on other aspects of my trip..i also stayed in rm 139 befor labor day and found the quality and value to be outstanding...a well deserved WELL DONE!! to the staff of sea esta #4

Room Tip: rm 250 was very clean and quite comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
We tahnk you for your lst stay with us. We are very glad we were able to help out all we could to help you get home before the holidays. We look forward to seeing you again next time you come back up our way.
Merry Christams and have a Great and Happy New Year

Brandon Morris

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place has no bells and whistles at all!! The towels look very dingy. They did smell clean, however. The self stick tiles in our bathroom where lifting up. I didnt want to walk with bare feet in and out of the shower. The room itself look kind of clean. Very dusty. The beds are not comfortable at all. I dont think there was a blanket, just a cover and sheets. The mattress was very stained and dirty!! The mini fridge in our room didnt work. The ac unit was very loud, actually woke me up out of my sleep. The pool is very small, and there were some questionable people in it when we where there. I didnt let my children in it. Im not sure if I would stay here again, maybe if I had to. I would just keep all the things wrong in mind and plan accordingly. I really think with a little TLC this could be a nice place. I didnt deal with the staff, my husband did. So I can not comment on how they are.

Room Tip: Look at your room before you except it!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your last stay with us. While we know we are not the most luxurious hotel around we do pride ourselves on being clean and comfortable while not breaking the bank during your stay. However, that doesn't mean you should not have had all the amenities of the room in working order. I do once again aplogize for this and hope that you will give us another chance to show you that those problems are not the normal operations of our hotel.
Unfortunitly we cannot do much about the size of the pool. We do know it is not the largest but it does give the kids and some adults a nice alternative to splash around before and after going to the beach.
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

“This hotel was great for our purposes, inexpensive, has a pool, we loved the beds, and the beach access. the room could have used a little more thought as to decor and placement of furniture, but it suited our needs perfectly. The staff was very considerate and helpful. The only problem we had, was the kids next door were loud, but I don't blame the motel for that, just the parents. Otherwise, I would definitely visit again!”

Room Tip: Well if all the beds are like the ones in 246, then I would say any room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We try to be a great affordable alternative for some of the beach locations. And since we are right in the middle between Dewey Beach and all the attractions of Rehoboth Beach and Shopping areas many have found us to be just that.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Once again thanks for choosing us.
Leesport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have stayed at Sea Esta numerous times (Mostly at Sea Esta 4, but recently at Sea Esta 3)! We have always had an enjoyable stay! The staff at 3 went out of their way to see that we were comfortable and had access to any and everything we needed! The rooms were clean, the AC was cold! When our TV would not work after getting checked in, they made sure that they got it working! They were able to change our room to one with a better AC unit, but were willing to call in the repair guy if needed! We will stay at any of the Sea Esta's at anytime, given the fact that in the past three visits, we have not had even one tiny problem, that was not resolved in a satisfactory manner. Try getting this safe friendly, prompt service form some of the big named hotels!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for your great comments. We stive to keep everyone happy when they are staying with us. I also would like to sincerely thank you for being understanding when your Air Conditioner was not working quite right. Unfortunitly we cannot predict when the untils will decide to stop cooling. But of course it is always when its over 100 outside.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Want to this hotel for the reasonable rates and couldn't have been happier. My aunt's friend suggested this place because it is dog friendly (not many of'em around). The staff was more than helpful. From the time I checked in till the time I checked out. They always had a smile on there face even if the person in front of them were bein jerks. One of the ladies was very helpful when me and my boyfriend were looking to hear some good music. She suggested Lower Case Blues. She even looked them up for us so we knew where they were playing.
The rooms are clean but a little small when you have 2 big dogs. But we had a blast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We do welcome all of our 4 legged as well as 2 legged guests. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you all agian in the near future.
WELCOME
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I Called To Book a room After I Received an Email Confirming my Reservation and was told The Price went up $50 From when I got the email 6 days ago ..Now i Never Told Them To hold The room..And They do Have Rooms available...But I Have to Pay the Inflatted Price..Because Its a Busy Weekend....Is this Fair Practice?...ADIOS..SEA-ESTA!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
We are like any other hotel and our rates do fluctuate based on the time and demand. The quote sent to you was a week old and was quotes correctly for that time. It has always been that if you book first you are normally going to get the best rates. I am sorry we were not able to keep a rate quote open indefinitely until you have time to make up your mind.
I do truly apologize if this offends you, but it is how the travel industry has worked for as long as I have been working in it. We try to be a very affordable and clean property that does all we can to accommodate our guests and strive to make their stays with us the best they can be, but at the end of the day we are also a business that wants to stay in business. We are still very reasonably priced compared to the other hotels around us.
Once again I am sorry we were not able to hold the rate open for you longer, but our rates have always been subject to change without notice. Had you have booked the rate earlier when we first quoted we would have of coursed honored the rate for your stay, unfortunately you decided to wait a week before booking the room with us.
eASTERN pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have stayed here many time in the past. The last two times I was there the rooms smelled of smoke, the linens were wrinkled like someone slept in them before. The towels even has dirty marks on them at check in. This used to be such a nice place to visit and dog friendly. Be aware this year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your last stay with us. We do strive to exceed all expectations of our guests and I do apologize that we did not. Please know that the quality of you other past stays is what we strive to attain, and will keep doing our best to obtain.
I do not want to bore you with what our policies are as to changing sheets after every guest since that is what all hotels do, but instead I would like to re-assure you that this is an out of the ordinary event for us and definitely not the norm for our property.
I do wish you would give us another chance to prove this to you. If you would please think about giving us this opportunity I can promise that your stay will be what you have come to expect from the Sea Esta Motels.

Brandon Morris

Been to Sea Esta Motels IV? Share your experiences!